2009 Sat Nav DVD

Wizbit

I am considering buying the latest 2009 sat nav DVD (i currently have the 2006 DVD). Apart from the obvious benefit of having the latest roads and map information, are there any other upgrades or new features that the 2009 disc brings?

I'm wasn't sure whether the DVD just contains map data, or whether it also has new firmware for the navigation system?

Although I don't recommend it, I got my 2009 disk from a torrent. I have seen disk copies fail on a regular basis in MMI systems, so I would always say get a genuine disk.

Audi sell the disks for around £230, you can find them on Ebay cheaper at your own risk.

The cheapest I can buy them for is 160 euros which is about £160 now.

• 6 months later...

Interestingly, I've just bought a 2009 DVD from my dealer because he [or Audi] have reduced the price to £149.

I was on a 2006 DVD too and fancied getting it updated with more recent maps, having got lost recently due to different layout of the town I was visiting.

Lo and behold, my TMC now appears to work for the first time. I'm still on MMI version 0890 and TMC has never worked before with either the original 2004 DVD or the 2006 DVD I'd replaced it with. I was told a 2xxx level of MMI fixed it but all I did was put a 2009 DVD in the boot drive.

Can't guarantee it works 'properly' but I never used to get any Info data or TMC radio stations selectable in the setup and now I do, and I get Navigation maps updated in realtime with visuals to show roads with problems.

How did that work then? :confused:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...