Autoglym Ultra Shine

kirium225

I bought some of this last week and had a go on my car this morning and i must say i found it hard work. I found i could only do one panel at a time and when i was polishing it up with a soft towel it took age's to remove, was i applying it to heavy or it just me.

Car is metallic black, good results on some panel's but ended up finishing the car with AG super resin polish instead.

Any tips.

Hi,

Do you mean Ultra Deep Shine, the one for the darker colours?

You should apply it whisper thin, there is no need to lots of residue on the car, all of that is just excess product.

Apply it to the whole car, on to cool, clean panels. You have to allow it to dry if you have trouble remove it, purchase a product called a Quick Detailer, spray it on the residue and it should buff away.

Also turn your microfibre cloth often, SRP and Ultra Deep Shine can both easily clog the MF cloths.

Really, it shouldent apply any different to SRP (Super Resin Polish), strange one worked and one dident.

Geoff

Hi Geoff, yes its ultra deep shine, might of gone on to thick as you mentioned. I used a clean towel so will have another go next week.

What do you think of the ultra shine any good....... any product you recommend before its applied.

UDS and SRP are supposed to be a similar product, so can be treated as such. I've been told to avoid it due to it being a one stage application and that it has little bonding qualities.

Hi Geoff, yes its ultra deep shine, might of gone on to thick as you mentioned. I used a clean towel so will have another go next week.

What do you think of the ultra shine any good....... any product you recommend before its applied.

Hi!

Ultra Deep Shine is an "ALL IN ONE" product, i polishes, cleans (brightens the paintwork) and protects all in one go. All you need before it is a claybar if you dont have a machine polisher and you should be set.

As Jon says topping it can be a problem as Autoglyms Extra Gloss Protection works better over Super Resin Polish, though there site says you can use it over Ultra Deep Shine.

If you want to make your car look better for less then £15 here are some ideas:

Nattys "blue" paste wax, will make it look wetter!

Duragloss Aqua Wax, a wax it wet product.

Optimum Car Wax, a spray wax.

Poorboys QD+, a quick detailer that adds protection and amazing shine!

Apply any over the Ultra Deep Shine next time you wash your car. If you need a place to buy one of them let us know, Performance Motorcare is your best bet as they have "free" shipping. Its a bit hit and miss with regard prices if your buying more then one product but i think you will find the Nattys to be a product for your car.

Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax Blue is made especially for darker cars - FREE UK P&P @ Performance Motorcare Products Ltd

Apply with these Performance Foam Applicator Pads 2 pack @ Performance Motorcare Products Ltd

Geoff