Fuel prices

cruiser647

This was a surprise to me, I usually fill up with Shell standard diesel, at 99p a litre.

So, I went to the normal garage, and all the pumps were being used - both sides, as I stretch the pipe over - which many cannot seem to do! Anyway, the only diesel pump that was free was the V-Power jobbie. I couldn't be arsed to wait so went to it and it was only 5p per litre more.

I am sure it used to be nearer 10p per litre more! Shell seem to have dropped their price on it OR the garage have done it themselves. I'll have to keep an eye on it and check my mpg to see if it is worth doing. I spend £60 a week there so if my mpg increases by the same %age or more, then it might be worth doing.

Did they not say it went up by 2p last week or the week before?

I know a local Esso which had Diesel for 97.9 for ages (it was a new station that opened) has now gone to 99.9 - all the other stations in a 10mile radius that WAS 99.9 is now £1 +

Did they not say it went up by 2p last week or the week before?

I know a local Esso which had Diesel for 97.9 for ages (it was a new station that opened) has now gone to 99.9 - all the other stations in a 10mile radius that WAS 99.9 is now £1 +

Yep i used the same station too on Watford Road!!!!!

I was well upset when the price went up.

Yep i used the same station too on Watford Road!!!!!

I was well upset when the price went up.

ok now that was NOT funny :roflmao:

Thought I had a stalker for a second because out of the whole UK...you managed to pinpoint it down to the road!

But you're right, watford road :- )

Do you do that journey a lot? If so, if you keep going towards the sudbury roundabout - do you remember seeing a yellow smartcar? It's always parked on the side on the footpath?

I'll tell you why I'm on that topic if you know the area well :- )

Hahahaha,,,,,First time i have been called a stalker...unless you could all my ex-girlfreinds!!! ONLY JOKING.

I know the area very well, i live on Watford Road!!!!!!

I vaguely remember the Smartcar. Tell me more, Tell me more

Edited by MrAvant

Hahahaha,,,,,First time i have been called a stalker...unless you could all my ex-girlfreinds!!! ONLY JOKING.

I know the area very well, i live on Watford Road!!!!!!

I vaguely remember the Smartcar. Tell me more, Tell me more

Small World!

I had a nice head-on smash on that road with that SmartCar.

Bloody thing was on the wrong side of the road (suddenly) and wrote off my 1yr old Astra Mk4 + a Fiat Punto who was parked up

He got away with it and the car was fine (still on the roads and y ou see it almost everyday parked up!)

I'll send you a PM with a link to show you where :- )

Well, I'll have to keep an eye out for crazy avant drivers on that road now in that case

Remember it'll be going up 2p plus VAT per litre tomorrow courtesy of Mr Darling :ffs:

We know it's been coming, but in reality, although an insult to road users, it's hardly going to have an effect on how much one uses their car. I heard on Radio 4 this morning that the rise in petrol will increase the "average" household with 2 cars, an extra £4-odd per month. Without wishing to sound flippant, that's hardly going to break the bank for most, except those poor souls in poverty, who probably wouldn't own a car, let alone 2 for that very reason.

You're right but there is no certainty he won't raise it again in the budget on the 22nd.

Every 2p per litre increase soon adds up when you drive a R32 70 miles a day +++

Some motorway I presume on your round trip? What mpg is the car averaging through the week?

Oh, and yes, I will be cheering Scotland in tonight's game - off up the pub very soon +++

The majority is motorway and my DIS says I'm averaging 28.8mpg at the moment which is reasonable.

And glad to hear you're supporting the team in our must win game +++

Nigh on 30mpg is pretty good. I would get circa 36mpg on that kind of run, I'd reckon, so I can see why you'd want a cease on petrol prices more so than most :)

Important game this one and the captain's banned as he went out in the lash!! :confused:

Right, off to the pub....

We know it's been coming, but in reality, although an insult to road users, it's hardly going to have an effect on how much one uses their car. I heard on Radio 4 this morning that the rise in petrol will increase the "average" household with 2 cars, an extra £4-odd per month. Without wishing to sound flippant, that's hardly going to break the bank for most, except those poor souls in poverty, who probably wouldn't own a car, let alone 2 for that very reason.

Exactly JC! My main issue though is that my employer will only reimburse my business mileage in the company car at the IR recommended rate (currently 12p per mile). The IR do occasionally increase this recommended rate (eventually after months of being out of pocket) but are bloody swift in reducing it when prices fall. Cake and eat it scenario.

I might stop running the lawnmower on V Power though. Bit extravagant really....