New SKY EPG Software

byron13

Be aware that you can not record it as I am told though !!

ONLY if your box has received the new software Add Channels using these parameters:

H

2/3

And add channel 10510, and watch it in Other Channels.

ITV HD How to Add it - Sky+ HD - Digital Spy Forums

ITV HD on Sky - Sky+ HD - Digital Spy Forums

Edited by byron13

Be aware that you can not record it as I am told though !!

ONLY if your box has received the new software Add Channels using these parameters:

H

2/3

And add channel 10510, and watch it in Other Channels.

On mine the required entries are:

H

2/3

+++

Sidicks

For those that 'want' it don't hold your breath. They are only releasing it to certain boxes depending on your serial number.

The first few boxes were a few weeks ago but to a very limited audience. They are doing more but most people get a letter through the door to tell them before it happens apparently.

As for test it 'should' have been release last summer, but extra testing etc. meant the delay and they are rolling out slowly so they don't have the problems of the past.

Its going to Thompson boxes first as well. +++

For those that 'want' it don't hold your breath. They are only releasing it to certain boxes depending on your serial number.

The first few boxes were a few weeks ago but to a very limited audience. They are doing more but most people get a letter through the door to tell them before it happens apparently.

As for test it 'should' have been release last summer, but extra testing etc. meant the delay and they are rolling out slowly so they don't have the problems of the past.

Its going to Thompson boxes first as well. +++

Yup got my brochure about it 2 days ago, also heard it's being rolled out as per when you got HD so first people get new EPG first. Mine was in the first couple of weeks for the world cup so that would make sense as well.

Yep much to some peoples annoyance they are waiting for the upgrade and got SkyHD in the first few weeks of it coming out. They unfortunately aren't using first come first served at all.

Its more to do with trying to use the smallest group of inital subscribers as possible to lower the risk. +++

I have a Thomson 43004 and got it today.

Pretty impressed so far, got ITV tuned in ready for the Champions League next week +++

Wow - there is a way to force the update but cant remember the process - could really do with ITV HD just for the CL games!

Tone

You can force a download by unplugging the box from the mains then holding down the backup button on the box (not on the remote) and powering it up again. Keep your finger down until the TV screen pops up a message saying that it is downloading software then release the button and wait. From memory it takes about 10 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...