Transferring a TRACKER ?

max_b

Hi Guys

Just needed to make sure that I'm not missing a trick here.

The car I'm looking to buy already has a Tracker system fitted. The providing company will charge me an admin fee to change it to my name but will also then charge me the full years subscription if I wish to have it active (which I'm still considering)

The chap that I'm buying off has recently paid for the full year but the provider says that subscription stays with him and cannot be transferred to me.

So just wondering has anybody managed to find another way around this. (The chap selling is happy for me to have his remaining subscription - 10 months as he has no use for it!)

+++

What a rip off charging a new years subscription when all that is required is a name change.

Could you just change the contact information (address and phone number as if he has moved) and leave the name as is.

Would the insurance be ok with that?

Could you just change the contact information (address and phone number as if he has moved) and leave the name as is.

?

Did think of that but the providing company seem to suggest they check their info with the DVLA for registered keeper, address etc, not sure if this was a blag or true, but could be believeable.