335D Fuel Smell

SINGH

Took the 335 D in today as the alloy wheels (hubs) were showing signs of rust (cars only over a year old!) and while it was there I told them to investigate a diesel smell every time I fill her up. They came back to me saying they couldn't help me with the alloys and it happens to all alloys over age! Well my 8 year old Audi S8s are fine! On the fuel leak issue they said they found a leak and would cover it under warranty, its a two day job and they have to drop the tank. Overall service was pretty good and one of the service guys was nice enough to give me a lift home. Anyone else had/heard of this problem?

I've not heard of the fuel smell before but for the rustyness the hubs are a well known problem - BMW know about it and won't cover it under warranty. Most of them seem to corrode after a few months, not even a year! Mine were knackered at 6 months old - its down to the individual dealer's descretion to make good and get a guy in to rub them down and repaint them with some high temp paint +++