help with flashing lights on dis

markspark71

hi all im puzled by this on yesterday i parked the car on a slight hill the n/s of the car was higher than the o/s when i went back to the car to start it turned on the ignition all the normal lights came on but the bottom of the dis was flashing this is the bit that shows what gare the car is in as it an auto normally is only the p that lights up and this time the full block was flashing i turned off the ignition then back on and all was ok started the car and drove off this has never happend before and not happend since is it something to worry about or should i leave it and forget about it

thanks in advance

hi all im puzled by this on yesterday i parked the car on a slight hill the n/s of the car was higher than the o/s when i went back to the car to start it turned on the ignition all the normal lights came on but the bottom of the dis was flashing this is the bit that shows what gare the car is in as it an auto normally is only the p that lights up and this time the full block was flashing i turned off the ignition then back on and all was ok started the car and drove off this has never happend before and not happend since is it something to worry about or should i leave it and forget about it

It was a probably a pre warning that you need to learn something about punctuation... :roflmao:

It was a probably a pre warning that you need to learn something about punctuation... :roflmao:

I shouldn't laugh, but :roflmao:

Anyway, what the lights might be showing, was that due to the lean of the car, there was not the correct amount of gearbox fluid in the area where the sensor was.

Once you started and moved it back to level the sensor was happy.

If you have low engine oil, and corner enthusiastically, you sometimes get the oil light flash! Same sort of thing.

Should be nothing to worry about, unless you've been leaking gearbox fluid? +++