Auto-dip mirror

JonC

When I select reverse, my auto-dip mirror tries to auto-dip but it won't for some reason. It was fine on Monday, but when I wax the car on Monday, I manually moved the wing mirror to ensure I'd waxed it properly. By manually moving it forward and back, could I have damaged an electrical connection? Anyone else had a such a problem? :confused:

Thanks, Phil. It's with the stealers now. I hope it is such an easy software fix. The car's still well in warranty, so there shouldn't be any cost to me (I hope). It's an excellent and very useful feature that I have got so used to and will insist on it for any future car I buy.

I've put signs in each window with the words "DO NOT WASH, PLEASE". I also had the receptionist write it on the job sheet :grin: Last thing I want is to see my beloved car's paintwork mullered by a valet boy's lack of compassion!

LOL - I do the same. Two A4 politely worded signs on dash and rear parcel shelf. The service reception look at me like i've lost the plot not wanting my car washed. I also don't allow them to check the tyre pressures for fear of them chipping the lacquer with 'the inflator snake' which may encourage the white worms!

I'm already dreading next year when i believe they remove the wheels for the big service! The thought of their apprentice wielding a windy gun in anger at my wheel nuts... :eek:

Perhaps I need help :roflmao:

Edited by Tarmac_Terrorist

LOL - I do the same. Two A4 politely worded signs on dash and rear parcel shelf. The service reception look at me like i've lost the plot not wanting my car washed. I also don't allow them to check the tyre pressures for fear of them chipping the lacquer with 'the inflator snake' which may encourage the white worms!

I'm already dreading next year when i believe they remove the wheels for the big service! The thought of their apprentice wielding a windy gun in anger at my wheel nuts... :eek:

Perhaps I need help :roflmao:

OCD's are a gift, Phil, look at it that way :roflmao:

I picked my car up yesterday afternoon; not sure what they actually did, but it's working again. I think they reset something, probably as you suggested +++