The "I have a new camera and here are my photos" thread

DHA

As we kind of hijacked Drinks' thread on a new lens :grin: I thought it best to start a separate thread for pics with new cameras. So here are some I have taken over the last few days.

All taken with my new 50mm prime lens (+++ carmad for that recommendation)

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah the joys of a prime, that little 50mm is a treat, you will learn a lot using that. +++

Some great photos boys, I think we need to have some projects to do again especially as its nice and summery outside. Is anyone interested, it was a bit of a flop in the past. :confused:

Some great photos boys, I think we need to have some projects to do again especially as its nice and summery outside. Is anyone interested, it was a bit of a flop in the past. :confused:

Yeah I think we should try it again (and get a photography sub forum ;) )

What better way to learn than a challenge then hey.

As for the photography forum, lets see how many get involved. I'd like to think quite a few but we will see.

Will post something up on Thursday / Friday for a little a little test to last for a few weeks. +++

Quite a few pics, so apologies for that.

Please bear in mind, that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, and camera is usually set to 'auto' but I discovered I could lock the focus and brightness of pics by half pressing the button, so adjust the pics by locking on brighter/darker areas and then moving back to the shot I wanted.

Any comments/help greatly appreciated.

hellingly056vg4.jpg

049ple.jpg

076bai.jpg

080onh.jpg

audi161.jpg

sussexshoot022.jpg

p1020206w.jpg

p1020217w.jpg

p1020221trv.jpg

p1020228e.jpg

p1020226osx.jpg

p1020235qnh.jpg

Any comments/help greatly appreciated.

049ple.jpg

Yes, I told you not to publish that pic of my track toy at Donny on t'Internet :rolleyes::P

Some nice themes there, Tipex. All I would suggest is setting up the camera so the subject has sharp focus and the surrounding area is blurred (like the one of the Robin or the wedding cars). On my Sony you just set it to "portrait" and it does it all for you (which is nice!)

Not sure if these will show as linking the image through my facebook pics.

Got a Sony A200 a couple of months ago. Buying new glass is an expensive habit!!

Folks cat on top of the fridge with 50mm prime

5104_98488816081_733826081_2473309_2998451_n.jpg

Shark statue at The Deep in Hull 50mm prime again

5104_98488831081_733826081_2473312_5941874_n.jpg

My cat JayKay - with new 90mm Tamron F2.8 1:1 Macro

4859_102080996081_733826081_2535065_5114690_n.jpg

Flower with new macro lens

4859_102081001081_733826081_2535066_6575725_n.jpg

Incy wincy spider:eek:

4859_102081006081_733826081_2535067_7007953_n.jpg

Edited by bells0

Yes, I told you not to publish that pic of my track toy at Donny on t'Internet :rolleyes::P

You wish!! that was indeed Donny, 2006 I think, have some pics of your old ....::::R32 as well, including an odd one where the front of the car is a bit blurry, but the back isn't as you cross the start/finish line, looks like the car was traveling at 2 different speeds!

Some nice themes there, Tipex. All I would suggest is setting up the camera so the subject has sharp focus and the surrounding area is blurred (like the one of the Robin or the wedding cars). On my Sony you just set it to "portrait" and it does it all for you (which is nice!)

I'll have to look and see if my camera has a 'Portrait' setting, cos I haven't a clue how to set it up myself +++

I was going for a kind of silhouette look with a few of them, with the lovely red sky above, which didn't quite work as they came out too bright in the foreground, and the red sky kinda washed out a bit.

Bought myself a D5000 at Dixons Heathrow yesterday (excellent price, genuinely a competitive high street price less VAT which was a nice surprise!) but have yet to get it out of the box but I'll be posting some shots soon.

Looking at the pics above I need to get myself a 50mm prime lens.

Oh dear, looks like I'm on another expensive slippery slope :o

What exactly is a 50mm 'prime' lense?

And what does everyone think of that new compact DSLR I keep seeing ads for on the tv? I think it's the panny G1. I've got potentially £400 to spend, and I'm in too minds wether to get rid of my Panasonic DMC-FZ50 and get one of those G1's.

I suspect someone else can better describe a prime lens, but (having just bought one) it is a fixed focal length lens (i.e. you can't zoom in and out with it).

For £400 I think you would be far better getting a DSLR, will be of more use in the long run as you will be able to do more with it.