Turbo, Boot and Aircon issues- Urgent help needed

mark_wildman86

Hi

i need some help. I bought a Golf Mk4 GT TDI 150bhp and have had nothing but problems with it. Starting to really dent my view on the so called indestructible VW's.

anyways apart from both windows breaking within a week an fixed at a cost of £80 I now have three other rather urgent problems

1) My Aircon does not seem to be working, i had it re gassed recently and the guy said that the compressor is not kicking it. the cost of a compressor is alot so i want to eliminate all other options first, can any suggest some basic checks i can do to see if it is the compressor??

2) My Turbo has a loud Whistle/growl at around 1500 rpm= 2500/3000 rpm at which point it quietens off. I am told it is meant to whistle some but I find it can be heard in the car even with the radio on an if the window is down is is very noisy! Is this normal or is there anything I can check to see if it could be an issue with the Turbo or the surround pipes

3) My boot lock has failed, The central locking seem to be working but the handle is not engaging, more problematic is a failed break in attempted has left my key lock useless, On previous car i could take the inside panel off and manually open the boot catch from the inside, I cant seem to however do this, Can anyone help in getting my boot open, I need to know if there are any ways to get it open before I drill the lock out!

Any help on any of these issues is massively helpful

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi mate

Regarding your aircon I had a similiar problem when I regassed mine. In the engine bay there are 3 fuses above your battery...I think one of them works the compressor! I took mine out and they were flithy and so had no contact point. Might be worth checking there first as it solved my problem! Just cant remember which one of three it was though!