'err, i think we've found your misfire, madam..'

techieboy

I'm not convinced. The rod and gudgeon pin knocking around would have fecked the bore, plus fuel being injected down the bore into the sump wouldn't do the oil muchn good which would in turn cause problems.

The bore doesn't look rusty to me, you can see a reflection of the gudgeon pin.

I'm not convinced. The rod and gudgeon pin knocking around would have fecked the bore, plus fuel being injected down the bore into the sump wouldn't do the oil muchn good which would in turn cause problems.

The bore doesn't look rusty to me, you can see a reflection of the gudgeon pin.

Yup agreed plus the noise from that con rod bashing around would be very audible!!!

While I'm amused by the mental image of a Ford factory worker staring at a field full of newly-completed cars, holding a piston he's just discovered he's got left over at the end of his shift, and saying to himself, "Stuff it, let the warranty sort it out." I can't believe that would have run like that.

While I'm amused by the mental image of a Ford factory worker staring at a field full of newly-completed cars, holding a piston he's just discovered he's got left over at the end of his shift, and saying to himself, "Stuff it, let the warranty sort it out." I can't believe that would have run like that.

I suppose, considering an A8 with a duff coilpack sounds crap and runs lumpily, and even the 1.8T with a duff coil pack sounds duff and runs even worse!

• 1 month later...

I'm posting this to Techieboy so I hope you receive it. I have just registered onto this forum because I found you 2006 comments on this site in a google search on A Glaze. I know it's a while ago now but perhaps all the better. I've recently heard of the product and their website is impressive but I want to talk to someone who has actually used it and you gave such a great review but I can't find any follow up threads....how did it go. We have an x5, similar colour to your audi. Was also wondering about the price to maintain? Jo