• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That's it Homer... wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sven, me thinks somones had some fun with photoshop on those wheels smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make it look more like the real thing will, the configurator does not lower it or make the wheels bigger, so I helped it out. rafwings.gif

[ QUOTE ]

As you said Newbie, only one week to go grin.gif

I nearly changed to Avus after seeing a sport version in that colour out on the road. Glad now I didn't as it seems to be getting ( dons flame suit ) a common colour grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure that wasn't Akoya sliver rather than AVUS on that sport, I'd be surprised if someone had paid £1,500 to put AVUS on as an exclusive.

Not really that worried about it getting to popular. 1.8T's are not really the most comman A4 models on the road, and the S-Line should be even less comman, and AVUS will hopefully therefore be a pretty rare sight on an A4.

Saw it on a rolling TT last night and it looked cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's not £1500 only the standard metallic paint cost and the same for Misano

[/ QUOTE ]

Only on the S Line ! Only A4 which you can get AVUS and Misanno on unless you go exclusive, as I understand it.

Don't think there are any S Lines on the road yet, so presume you were looking at a 190T Sport.

[ QUOTE ]

yes sorry I didn't make that clear ! I'm sure it was Avus - " ordinary" 1.8T quattro sport - looked veeerry nice.I think next weeks build are the first S Lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool - Would like to track that guy/girl down, desperate to see what the A4 looks like in AVUS. cool.gif

Just been into my dealership as I was passing, and discovered ...............

A brilliant red A4 Avant S-line jump.gif

Dealer said it had only just been delivered and was their demonstrator.

Have to say it looked very nice in red, but I'm also certain it will look great in Avus grin.gif. The interior was also superb. The aluminimum inserts looked great against the all black interior, and the half leather seats look good as well. To be honest the cloth inserts are so good that I don't think I'd have bothered with the extra cost had full leather been an option.

Hopefully going for a drive next week, and mine's confirmed for delivery in March jump.gif

Will try and get a pic next week once it's on demonstration. It's currently parked in the garage security compound and is crammed in by other cars, plus it was dirty as hell.

The alloys look looooooovely notworthy.gif, though they look very prone to curbing.

Couldn't get a side on view of the car so couldn't really tell about the ride height, but it did seem to be lower than a 163bhp limited edition that they had in the showroom, or maybe that's just my head playing tricks.

Forgot to mention that the perforated leather steering wheel looks impressive too, I was a little worried that it might look a bit too "max power", but I shouldn't have worried.

Should mention that there are only s-line badges on the rear doors and none on the rear or front, I was expecting this so I ordered the following, which arrived today ..........

Front grill badge.....

S-Line_grille_badge_300x160.jpg

Rear Badge......

Back_300x208.jpg

I think they should finish the car off nicely, the front especially as I won't have the quattro badge on the grill.

[ QUOTE ]

The alloys look looooooovely notworthy.gif, though they look very prone to curbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

heart.gif

Going to have to be carefull with the curbing though, especially with the lack of a full size spare frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

mention that there are only s-line badges on the rear doors and none on the rear or front, I was expecting this so I ordered the following, which arrived today .....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah had thought as much, may have to get a front grill badge as well, as you say will finish the car off nicely : ESPECIALLY UNDER MY QUATTRO BADGE tongue.giftongue.gif

Look forward to the photo's m8, who is the dealer ??

perforated leather steering wheel ???????? I don't know anything about that. The RS4s had that - is it the same?

Frankly the leather wheel on my S3 is no better than the one I had on my A3 T Sport. The one on my wife's A4 quattro T Sport is superb much better than the S3.

[ QUOTE ]

perforated leather steering wheel ???????? I don't know anything about that. The RS4s had that - is it the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes ! Check out the piccy - think its the same, except missing the lovelly RS/S badge which you get at the bottom of the wheel on those models.

audi_a4_18t_avant_s-line35s.jpg

Few more piccys below as well, as I'm a little concerned you don't know what you've ordered tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif:

audi_a4_18t_avant_s-line42s.jpg

Looks like the gear knob is perforated to, not noticed that before

audi_a4_18t_avant_s-line43s.jpg

Whats the badge on the glove box, thats not the quattro badge

audi_a4_18t_avant_s-line44s.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Frankly the leather wheel on my S3 is no better than the one I had on my A3 T Sport. The one on my wife's A4 quattro T Sport is superb much better than the S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your wifes a last gen A4 ? think it must be. The wheel on my previous car (last gen A4) was much nicer than the current wheels, and had the badge mentioned above on it as well smile.gif Current wheels feel much cheaper.

Will be going down again later in the week probably Friday. I'll try and get some pictures but it might not be ready. As you can imagine they're flat out prepping new cars for delivery first so the new demonstrator gets pushed to the back of the queue.

I did go down yesterday tongue.gif to see if I could get a pic of it in the security compound, but it was just too far away plus it's surrounded by other cars.

beerchug.gif

Went all the way into the big smoke, after a call from the dealer to say they had a Red S-line Avant in the showroom, and half way there I remembered the camera was still beside my computer

smashfreakB.gif

I can tell you that the interior is just as the pics above, (abet the steering wheel is on the correct side) the perforated steering wheel looks great, as do the door kick plates.

Also it was parked next to an S4 and when measured the S-Line sits 10mm lower than the S4, and 20mm lower than a Sport.

Also got showen an Avus TT parked next to a Akoya A3 and the Avus is more blue compared to the Akoya Violet.

Can't wait ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Went all the way into the big smoke, after a call from the dealer to say they had a Red S-line Avant in the showroom, and half way there I remembered the camera was still beside my computer

smashfreakB.gifECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good doesn't it grin.gif, can't believe it sits lower than an S4 though, just hope it doesn't make the ride too harsh.