first time

KPS

I picked my A8 up from Yeovil Audi and drove it back to Northampton on the day I bought it. I remember thinking how awesome the Bose sound system was and how well it cruised along.

I also had a near miss whilst playing around with the MMI system and not looking at the road properly! Too many gadgets to learn about.

Was about 6 years old when my family first brought a 96 D2 4.2 quattro sport (Still have it). Came home from school really excited knowing it was coming that day, Remember *****ing myself sitting in the back holding on the door handle as the force pushing me into my seat was nothing I'd ever experienced.

When I picked up the S8 I went with my brother in law and my sister in their Audi S6 to collect it, we then decided to go for a meal in Birmingham, so I only got to drive the S8 about ten minutes to this restaurant and didn't really get to boot it as I was following the S6. Got to the restaurant and I nearly ran out in the middle of the meal as I just wanted to get in and drive, I made it past the main meal, the hell with dessert (that's a first) and took it home, parked her on the drive, went up to my bedroom, parked it up next to the 335 and then went to my bedroom window and looked at it, 335 got a bit neglected then.

I remember it like yesterday.......... Oh , actually it was yesterday !!!!!!!! Picked it up from warwick and drove back home to salisbury,although I did take an impromptu detour of about 50 miles - what can I say, I was enjoying myself ;) It took about 50 miles of driving then I just felt right at home, throwing it into corners on country roads, can't believe how composed it feels for such a big car, and the power......WHAT a delivery . I'm in luuurve......

Picked mine up on 1st of Feb '09 from Bedford, Set off from sellers house, First stop petrol station to fill her up. Something i would be getting used to in the coming months rather than running the Lightning on LPG.

100 miles to Huddersfield, A lovely cruise up the M1 stretching its legs at points where traffic allowed and remember thinking i wish my Dad would hurry up in my Lightning and catch up with me but then realising i was pushing 120mph. It felt like no more than 80mph. Effortless power and pace.

By the time we were approaching Sheffield the black/gray clouds were descending then all of a sudden we hit a snow/hale storm. Visibility down to 20 feet and speeds down to 20mph too. I was just glad i had Quattro four wheel drive and not in a RWD supercharged truck thats twitchy in the wet never mind in the snow.

Got home, Still snowing so my Dad parked the truck on the drive and i ran him home in the S8. The snow continued on and off for two weeks and the truck stayed where it was parked for the duration while the Quattro performed faultlessly throughout..Excellent +++