Power Question - Rear Seat Monitors

Iainwil

Quick question, maybe someone here will know the answer. I'm fitting rear seat monitors to the wifes A6. I've got the screens in the head rests, and the cables down the back of the seats, all i need now is power!

I have found power from the rear cigarette lighter, but this is live all the time and i really want 12v only when the engine is on. I have hunted about the heated seats, but they don't have power, and as i don't have electric seats thats rules out that. Does anyone know of a good 12v power source in the back of the car?

Happy to do a how to once complete if there is a want for one!

Thanks,

Iain

Is the lighter socket live even when the doors are locked? some cars switch off accessory power when you lock the doors.

Otherwise, I think you may have to run some cables from the fuse box if you can find a switched live in there, modern cars are increasingly more difficult to find 12v sources (particularly switched ones) inside the car.

Our auto electrician is on holiday at the moment, but if you've still not had any luck by the time he gets back I can find out from him, as he's fitted out all our A6's.