Bora 2.0l Sport

lozzatilda

Hi I bought this car this week has 2 previous owners looks like it has been well looked after however was driving perfectly until i needed to go onto a dual carriage way when i reached 50mph the tem shot round to 130 and bong bong bomg STOP! Check Collant. i took it straight back to the garage i bought it from and he was fine and sent it straight round to the garage to be looked at i went there yesterday to check the cars progress as i love it also the garage gave me a Mazda to drive which is horrible and its automatic! The guys at the garage originally said there was not a problem with the car :ffs: so i explained to them that they had to get the car up to at least 50mph to see that there is a problem so off he went and came back and 3 of them looking under the bonnet cant decide it its a thermostat problem as the engine itself is not over heating, a collant problem as some pipes are remaining cold, a waterpump problem as the pump does not appear to be pumping correctly or if there is a air block somewhere i really dont want to have to ask for my money back as i really do love this car has anyone had similar or the same problem? if yes was it resolved? if yes does it drive lovely now? mine drove beautifully until i wanted to go faster to keep up with the traffic on the dual carriageway :confused:

I can almost guarantee it will be the water pump. They have a plastic impeller and this breaks free from the shaft.

Don't drive the car any more. Get it replaced, and while you're there get the cambelt and tensioner done as well - the cambelt has to be removed to replace the water pump.

It's a wear and tear item, so unless you bought it from a garage and they're prepared to replace the pump under goodwill, you'll be looking at a £300+ bill because they're diddly to get at.

If your normal garage won't replace it, take it to an independent for a second opinion.

HTH

:beer: