Spurs cheated by Mark Clattenburg

Calm Chris

I know man Utd deserved to win the game, but what is it with Clattenburg and wrong decisions when the two teams play.

It was him that denied the 40m shot that Van de Sar scooped out the back of the net a few years back.

Then there was yesterday's mess.....

Nani falls like someone being shot with 50 rounds from a Uzi, that boy must have had drama lessons as a child.

As he falls, he hands the ball directly in front of Gomez the Spurs keeper. The keeper picks up the ball, places it for a free kick and Nani runs over and boots it in the goal.

The linesman has his flag up for no goal and Clattenburg over rules him and the goal stands.

I can sort of understand that since the ref didn't blow the whistle, for the Nani fall, the Nani drama lesson or the Nani handball. But the linesman was of the right mind, since he saw the handball and like the Spurs goalie though it was a free kick.

Clattenburg you are an ar5ehole, and worse than that have an ego that seems unwilling to accept that your judgement was wrong and a serious error made. Hopefully you will end up refereeing Sunday league Colts on Hackney marshes +++

Couple of things....

Firstly, as you say, United were winning already at 1-0 and the result would have been the same barring the score.

Secondly, Var Der Sar didn't scoop the ball out of the net a few years back - Roy Carroll did.

Now, the penalty incident. Look at it again because he didn't go down anything like you're making out. It wasn't a penalty, but nor did he make a huge swan dive of it.

The point is that the referee made a mistake with his decision after that BUT Gomez should take the brunt of the blame. He should know better. Footballers are told to play to the whistle and he didn't. Yes the goal shouldn't have stood, but Gomez is as much to blame as Clattenburg.

Clattenburg got a decision wrong - but Gomez cost them the goal.

Anyway, nice lucky win you scraped yesterday.....but you fail to mention that you almost dropped two points against the bottom club in the league, at home...:roflmao:

So Nani handled the ball and the referee didn't see it. What did you want to happen, the ref to give Spurs a penalty at the other end? :grin:

If it had finished 1-0 with this being the only goal then I can see it being a hugely contentious point - but it didn't, it made it 2-0. I just don't see what all the fuss is about unless you're Harry Redknapp and looking for more excuses for not having a decent goalkeeper.

I'm with the Man U fan on this (as much as I hate to say it) - The keeper should have contained the ball which he failed to do. I do think Nani dived looking for a penalty, he certainly handled it, but we all know a ref cannot be over ruled no matter how stupid the decision and the keeper should have known better and played appropriately.

Rewatching the footage I'm sure we have grounds for a match fixing scam by the keeper there somewhere :D

No suprise but still a disgrace that 'Arry has gotten away with it scott-free

Not really, Managers should be able to say a few things about refs. Nothing rude. The times Wenger, Fergy and few others have alluded to the ref being blind for a few things has got them in trouble.

Whatever happened to free speech!

Why the hell should he have been penalised? I don't get it? He said what he thought and he had a point about never speaking to the media again if he got fined for it.

Cruiser is right, the times that other managers have got away with saying much worse are a lot more than Harry Redknapp could match.

Not really, Managers should be able to say a few things about refs. Nothing rude. The times Wenger, Fergy and few others have alluded to the ref being blind for a few things has got them in trouble.

Whatever happened to free speech!

I had some sympathy with his commentsimmediately after the game even though it was rather stupid imo to say he had a shocking game on the back of 1 decision.

where he really fell down I feel though is his continued comments on later date .

the ultimatum was childish and by actually acknowledging it the fa confirmed that it did affect them really (not as if there was any other evidence for them to consider after summoning him).

other "big team" managers get away with this stuff I agree (like fergie's BBC snub that he was supposed to-be fined for but not sure he is).

wenger was always getting charged for stuff like this and "lesser" managers stilldo

Dodgy 'Arry as next England manager? With the skeletons he has in his many cupboards? I love the guy, I think his approach to the game is fantastic, but come on - he's more bent than Big Sam, George Graham and Terry Venables put together. Hell will freeze over before the FA give him the England job!

Desperate times..........

Dodgy 'Arry as next England manager? With the skeletons he has in his many cupboards? I love the guy, I think his approach to the game is fantastic, but come on - he's more bent than Big Sam, George Graham and Terry Venables put together. Hell will freeze over before the FA give him the England job!

I'd put money on him now. 100% if Spurs don't collapse.

There is nothing proven (as much as I suspect the same you probably do) and I can't see anyone else getting it.

Tel had hard and fast evidence against him though. Plus, it could certainly be argued they have been burnt even more with a £6m package for Farcical Capello and our worst major tournament performance in decades (or in my opinion our worst ever in terms of effort and poor quality).

They appointed Mr Clean in McLaren and look what happened there. Mr Ex Top Class Footballer Hoddle turned out to be a total lunatic. Mr Keegan quit like he always does. All of these had little or nowt in respect of controversy to their name, but maybe we need to turn the head the other way on rumour and look at what the new manager can achieve.

I do see your point, but I am hoping the FA ignore the rumours. I want to see him in charge because he has proven he's got a way of making good players play like they can. I like his attitude and what he has done with Spurs in the time he has had is nigh on miraculous.

That said, I won't be surprised to see him tempted by another job before then. Especially if Spurs take a £50m offer for Bale in the Summer.

He'd get my vote.