Premier league Best buy this year

collease

Thought it might have been like that.

This conversation took us weeks to resolve between 10 people so there is no right answer. There are so many players this year that are either playing above their abilities or have hit form and seem to be playing blindingly well. I mean Take Bale he has been solid in previous seasons but this year he has set the league and C/L alight. I know he not a new player so would not be in this list but for overal form until his injury he would be difficult to beat for player of the season for me.

From memory the deal was done somewhere around last January's window, but with an agreement he wouldn't move until the summer.

Yup, spot on.+++

He wasn't too good against Marseille though so I'm reserving judgement on him for now. He had a strange start and has then been rock solid for 6-7 matches but looked decidely shakey on Tuesday night.

Oh yes, I should have done him the favour of saying he didn't have the benefit of Vidic with him. Brown didn't have a bad game barring that goal, but he's still a player I can't help but be mystified by.

When he has a good season, it is always followed by 2 bad seasons and at least one huge and expensive clanger being dropped.

• 1 month later...

An interesting statistic has emerged from this weekends matches.

Hernandez has the best goal per shot ratio in the Premier League - 30% of all attempts resulting in a goal.

He scored quite an important goal yesterday too of course. It seems quiet in North London at present.:grin:

I've never seen him looking so frustrated and fecked off than the last three months. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few players with black eyes today. They need a good kicking, some out the door.

The stats on Hernandez just show how well ManU tactics were implemented this season. I could have had a 30% strike rate playing in Hernandez role. His positioning and work off the ball provided that stat, not his skill with the ball. If Owen was fit, he would have scored all of those and we still wouldn't know who Hernandez was.

Now, this summer will be full of spending and will bring up some best and worst buys for next season! :grin: