Who will go where?

malagus

Well with the title race concluded and the first club relegated, It's time for clubs to start making bids and players to start moving. So, who will go where?

United Look set to bring in stekelenburg from Ajax, and have again been heavily linked with Wesley Schneider.

Alexis Sanchez is one of the hottest properties in european football and will almost certainly leave udinese, with many clubs supposed to be chasing him.

Eden hazard is another european starlet, and has a terrific name too. I expect him to leave Lille this summer.

Several players will surely leave west ham to cut the wage bill and because some of them deserve EPL football.

Citeh will be cracking out the cheque book again, with up to £200m worth of signings lined up, if rumours are to be believed.

Should be a fascinating close season with lots of players moving - Where do we think people are going?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United have had a bit of a reserves clearout, getting rid of a few surplus players to Hull. I expect Ravel Morrison to also leave the club shortly, however into the care of Her Majesty's Prison Service. Terrific footballer, but seems set on destroying his future through sustained idiocy.

The first part of the merry go round will involve managers rather than players. I can't see Ancelotti staying at Chelsea, and his availability is bound to spark interest at some of Europe's bigger clubs.

United need a keeper, a midfielder and a forward. Arsenal need a defence and a forward line. And a keeper. Chelsea need at least one centre half, a strong running midfielder and a new partner for Torres. Liverpool need (in Lawro's words) at least half a dozen. Tottenham need a clear out before they think about who they need to bring in. And City need their owners to stop dreaming about Barcelona players.

I think Harry is dreaming if he thinks he can keep Bale and Modric and splash the cash next year. Spurs will A) not be very active in signing players or B) Have to sell at least one of those and I think Defoe will go to.

I can see Hazard at Liverpool next year or Ashly Young but he could be a Utd target. Sanchez could be a Utd or City player next year and Chelsea need a quality wide man so I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up there.

West Ham will lose a few. Did anyone notice who was sitting next to Jamie Rednapp at the Spurs v Chelsea match a while back. Scott Parker. Maybe Spurs where starting their bid early. Upson could be in for a return to former club Arsenal and Rob Green could end up somewhere.

As for City, we need to sell sell sell. We play one up top and have the following to choose one from.

Tevez

Balotelli

Dzeko

Adebayor

Bellamy

Jo

Santa Cruz

Parker could replace an ageing fast Barry and he could fill Viera's boots on the bench.

The reports today are quite incredible.

Sky Sports are claiming the following:

1. United set to sign De Gea for £18.3m

2. United have enquired about the availability of Nasri from Arsenal

3. Raphael Varane (french defender playing for Lens) looks set to sign (The Guardian reckon this is a done deal at £10m)

4. United favourites to sign Ashley Young from Aston Villa (lots of reports saying they have now made a formal approach for him)

If they're true, he's not hanging about this year and all I'd want to hear after those is that the Schneijder deal is done (I'd prefer him to Nasri, because it is clear the Nasri interest isn't in tandem with Schnejider - it'll be one of them).

Edited by MrMe

p.s. In the last hour or so Leonardo has said that Sneijder can go for the right money and La Stampa newspaper are reporting it follows him requesting permission to talk to United.

I think that's an exciting prospect. He is a midfield genius and that's what we've lacked this year in my view.

I think the United interest in Nasri could have been a ploy to start this. If they were seen to be looking elsewhere, perhaps it was an attempt to stir Inter and Sneijder into action by making it clear they'd not be held to ransom and would turn their backs on a deal? Very possible in my view.

I will only get excited about sneijder when I see him in a utd shirt. It's a saga that has rolled on for so long with rumour, claim and counter claim that I am instantly sceptical. I can't get excited about ashley young either. He's a good player but I'm not sure we really need him.

Watching nev's testimonial atm - seeing becks and neville down the right is wonderful.

I think Young is a very good player in a very poor team - but could be an exceptional player in a United side.

If the Sneijder deal doesn't come off I'll be very surprised. It's no secret that Van Der Sar has been having lots of words in his shell-like and Inter are going nowhere under Leonardo.

There's no way Man U would enquire about Nasri. Every season the rumours get more and more stupid. I've stopped reading papers and just look at BBC rumour mill if I want a laugh.

Arsenal have one transfer pretty much complete apparently. Carl Jenkinson from Charlton for £1m. Who'd have thought we'd be the first to confirm a deal? :grin: Just a few more to go +++

Every season the rumours get more and more stupid. I've stopped reading papers and just look at BBC rumour mill if I want a laugh.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has opened the door for Cristiano Ronaldo to make a sensational return to Old Trafford.

Full story: the Sun

Alex Ferguson has opened the door for Cristiano Ronaldo to make a sensational Old Trafford return | The Sun |Sport|Football

hehe

There's no way Man U would enquire about Nasri.

Well in that case all the press must be wrong - because they're all reporting it this morning...

I'm amazed at that, but I still think it won't happen - it's a bluff to get Sneijder in my opinion.

He has also confirmed their interest in De Gea, very clearly saying he was the closest match in style to VDS and an obvious target for United.+++

In fact he's said an awful lot this morning, unusually for him.

He just smiled when asked if they'd agreed terms with Villa for Ashley Young (a lot of press reporting that deal is done now).

He was then asked if they are interested in Modric, Bale and Sneijder, to which he said "Yes, we've made enquiries about those players."

If that's true, and coming from him it has to be, it does make me think he is indeed about to spend £100m+

p.s. Ronaldo won't be coming back in the near future. Yes he's slagged Real Madrid off this week and said they're nowhere near as professional as United. He also said he wishes he still played for United in many way but, and I quote..."if it wasn't for the weather in Manchester, but theres nothing you can do about it. I want to win La Liga with Madrid, that is why I will stay and try for the team". He's staying there for at least another season. Anyway, no-one except City could afford him and he's already said he won't play for them because he wouldn't want to "upset my friends at United, I wouldn't do that, ever."

Edited by MrMe

Indeed but i dont know many fans round here that would like him back.

Then they're ****ing idiots. The bloke might be an arse, but he's the second best player in the world right now, and pushing Messi for first.

I quite like Ashley Young, but I can't help feeling his best form was with a group of equally good young players at Villa who've since left - and he just hasn't been as effective since then.

Sneijder would be a great signing. I like Nasri too, but I suspect that 'interest' is mischevious. :grin:

Players that choose City over United are choosing for money - we both know that and I mean no offence by it.

Aguero wouldn't surprise me, but the chances of him going anywhere are still up in the air from what I've read. He seems much more loyal than anyone else.

Tevez just needs to feck off now. Not cos' it's City, but just to get him out of the Premier League with his parasitic antics. The man is unbelievable (which is a shame considering he is a world class player).

I'd be amazed if you managed to get Sneijder. The same goes for Sanchez.

However, Bale or Modric, well I can see that. If Spurs do decide to let them go then I'm not foolish enough to think we, or anyone, is going to be able to live with the "we'll double what you offer" negotiating that City can offer.

I think Spurs will have to sell one of the two if Harry wants his usual big spend up. Modric or bale plus defoe and maybe even Gomes. That will free up some cash for Scott Parker, Rob Green and a Striker. Adebayor would be my bet if they can afford his wage, thus cementing his place as an Arsenal legend.

United buying bale would be poor business IMO. his value is high, he looks injury prone, and utd have enough cover on the left. Both nani and park can play out there, and tom cleverley is a great player coming through the ranks who could be deployed out there to get experience in the first team if he is not loaned out next season.

Taking one of modric, sneijder or sanchez plus posssssibly a young defender along with de gea would do for utd this summer, IMO.