Who will go where?

malagus

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on twitter is Arsenal have verbally agreed £6m for Scott Dann. I'm undecided on this one. I would prefer Cahill, I think.

Where on twitter do you see that?

Dann is a step in the right direction, a defender who enjoys defending. Only our injured Belgian friend is like that at the minute.

---

-

At last, silence is broken. Sneijder has announced he wants to join United and talks are underway. Thank feck. Lets just get it all wrapped up in a few days with any luck.

Unofficial talks had taken place recently. That's the exact words he used, so Utd have basically tapped him up. Maybe to save face if they can't meet his wage demands they won't look stupid because nothing was official.

Read it how you want, but I've just read this quote from Alan Hansen about the Charity Shield:

United put down a real marker at Wembley, simply because they were up against one of their biggest rivals and they just walked straight over the top of them in the second half.

Ouch.:roflmao:

They haven't tapped him up. They made enquiries, informally. +++

Edited by MrMe

Eto'o has agreed personal terms with Anzhi Makhachkala - and will become the highest-paid player in the world on wages of £300,000 a week.

Really? Ive never even heard of the club before so how are the managing to offer such a wage? :s

Inter Milan Samuel Eto'o set £300,000 per week move Anzhi Makhachkala making him worlds best paid player - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Charity

They haven't tapped him up. They made enquiries, informally. +++

Sneider told WW.nos.nl "yes there have been talks, but Utd haven't made an official approach yet"

"there have been unofficial talks and there have been contact."

Mrme as a successful business man you don't need me to tell you the difference between informal and unofficial.

If Inter gave permission then the talks would be Official.+++

It's a straight forward case of Utd playing by their own rules which they have done for the last 2 decades thinking normal rules don't apply to them.

Ah shush, you know the rules are bent to breaking by the big nasty teams and FIFA won't bother doing anything about it. Look at Chelsea with Kakuta and this whole Cesc thing. There have been countless other times and I'm sure no team is squeaky clean, but it should be stamped out IMO.

It's not punished, but you can't say it doesn't go on.

I think it's down to him being popular in Russia having left for a major European team. Probably increase the fan base and earn lots from merchandise, ala Beckham. I would have thought Arsenal might be interested in offering them Arshavin to get back a lot of what they spent on him.

Yeah, but Arshavin is a good player.

He is but how old is he now, 31?? If Arsene could get £18 mil for him then that is a big chunk of the Mata deal.

Now is a great time for Arsenal to do a few deals with Cesc going. Dann looks like he may be signed soon but what about the midfield. Wenger could do worse than Barton or Parker imho. Barton on a free or Parker on Loan at least, would keep his spending down as he likes to watch the pennies.

Arshavin is 30 so two years left really. Stats-wise he had a great season and this pre-season looks to have lost a lot of weight +++

We have a big enough kitty to go get Mata and a few others without losing yet more players of Arsh's calibre we'd need to replace. There's no getting around the fact that Wenger is just a tight-assed git.

Parker would be a direct competitor to Wilshere, so wouldn't really fit unless he was happy bench-warming. We need a Cesc-like Playmaker to fill his shoes while Ramsey gets up to speed. Mata would slot in perfectly according to his stats last year. Same age as Fab too. A newspaper in Spain said we already have an agreement to get him as soon as the Cesc deal goes through, but those rags are usually full of horsesh1t. For once I'd like them to be right though.

As far as Barton is concerned, I'll never forgive him for being the lowlife scum he has been. Granted, he has shown some great footballing talent sometimes and always plays with a lot of heart and has cleaned up his dirty tactics this past season, but deep down I know he's a c nut.