Euro U21 tournament

billy2shots

Who's been watching?

I have been waiting for a few months for this to start but must confess to not realising how few teams are in it. Seems a bit strange when former champions like Germany are not there not to mention France, Holland etc. I know thats the nature of qualifying but....

Who stands out as a star of the future?

That Swiss winger who played for the full team at Wembley looks half decent and scored a good goal the other night. Not much else from my point of view. Thiago from Spain (Barca) is way over hyped imho having seen him a few teams this year.

England...

Lucky to get a draw last night. The football was just aweful. Couldn't make more than 2 forward passes without smashing it 40yds or passing back to the keeper to smash. It's no wonder it happens in the senior team, these kids are doing it from a young age.

Please can someone tell me what Danny Rose is doing in the squad let alone the first 11. He is without doubt the worst pro player I have ever seen. Even after he scored a great goal for Spurs against the gooners, Harry subbed him because he was in way over his head. Most Spurs fans said he would/should never play for them again and that was the case untill Assou-Ekotto, Bale, Kaboul and the tea lady got injured. He made me cringe every time he got the ball last night and without fail gave it away.

I was pleased to see you say what you did about the Spain v England game.

Whilst both goals probably shouldn't have stood, it was no difference from watching the full squads play each other - where Spain would outplay us throughout the game. I thought we were woeful in the bits I saw. I then read a report on it and I probably saw us playing well by the sounds of it.:roflmao:

I don't really worry about the lack of Germany and Co., in fact it has got to be a good sign for our hopes in future. In all those cases (especially Germany) their youth talent looks poor.

I think you're being a little harsh on Thiago though. He can't have played more than 20 games for Barca's first team and I don't think he's even out of the B team yet (in formal terms, which I'm pretty sure is how they still run at Barca). I think he shows a lot of potential for a young lad (how old is he? 20-21?) and reckon he'll do well in a few years time.

As for Rose, well you'll never get me disagreeing with you on anything bad said about him, in fact I think you should be a lot more harsh about him....because I know only too well which supposed 'club' Spurs got him from. They shall, as ever, go un-named.