Gears of War 3

Sponge

Anyone got it/played it yet? Thinking of buying but waiting for a decent opinion!

Just seen a tv ad for "Dead Island", looks good!

It's a lil glitchy, but a pretty decent game! More melee focussed as opposed to firearms, and a bit more realistic (you wont find medikits or ammo laying in pots of roses or on your grandmothers rocking chair, they're few and far between).

As above. (MW3)+++

I'm now approaching Prestige 3 on Black Ops after a couple of weeks hanging on Prestige 1 to wreak a little havoc before going back down the weapons range again.

I had a first the other day too - 3 FFA wins in a row. I should have stopped at that cos I was **** in the next 8 games.:roflmao:

I like Black Ops. I think the maps could be much better but the gameplay is good. Certainly better than World at War but perhaps not as good as MW2.

The only thing the does bug me is the amount of sodding updates you have to wait for on the day you just want to get on it and have a quick game before the wife and kids come in...

PS3.

I had GoW on my X Box about 5 years ago and I didn't like it. Played it for a few days but found it very difficult to get the hang of.

I still keep hoping someone will revamp Mech Warrior and release it for the PS3. On network play it could be huge fun and remains one of my favourite games of all time (along with Devil May Cry which I felt was simply breath taking at the time).