Carl Froch V Andre Ward

billy2shots

The final of the Super 6 between Froch and Ward is in doubt due to Ward suffering a cut that required 7 stiches.

At best the fight will be delayed by a couple of months but Frochs promoter thinks Ward is running scared and does not want to fight.

Hearn Jnr says that if the fight is put back untill 2012 then he wants Froch to fight in Nottingham this October or November. That could have legal issues as Froch is contracted to complete the Super 6 competition before fighting other boxers.

99% will still happen but at a later date. It's a bit of a PITA though and I feel sorry for all the fans that have booked flights to the states.

I don't buy the line that he is running scared.

He's a very skilled fighter and I think it's a 50/50 one to call as to who wins.

Froch as the power and the chin, but Ward is silky smooth and could outbox him and not 'gas out' like Taylor did.

But if Froch connects hard, Ward will be sternly tested.

There is nothing to suggest the claim of the injury being incurred during sparring isn't true and I wouldn't blame anyone not wanting to go into a major unification fight (almost) with 7 stitches newly healed.

It seems to happen more and more these days and I sympathise with the fans too, but I think it's a sign of how much boxers push to the limit these days. They're very finely tuned athletes (if you forget Tyson Fury) and cuts will always be a risk.

That's why the delay will be long. It's not just a question of waiting for the cut to heal he when then have to start his training again as there is no way he will spar with anyone until the cut is head.

With all the social media out there I'm sure the injury in genuine and its just hearns attempt to get the fight on ASAP so he can promote more Froch fights and make some more money.

I too think its a 50 50 fight which is why I'm disappointed that this has happened. The super 6 was a great idea but when injuries happen then both men are tied into waiting or worse like Kessler sp.

Maybe we could see Froch v Kessler, that would be a cracking rematch.

I still think Froch just edged the Kessler fight and he fell victim to partisan judging. For me it has been an interesting tournament format but not without major failings.

Kessler dropping out has ruined it, and Green being drafted in didn't help either in my opinion (Taylor should have never been in from the start in my view). That said, it will leave Bute with nowhere to hide once the winner is known - because I think he's a coward to begin with and he's gong to have to face the Super 6 winner or bugger off back to Romania and hide.

I'd like to see Froch face Dirrell again, as unlikely as it is....because the more I've watched that fight....the more I am inclined to think Froch lost.

p.s. I still wish Froch had been a year or two on in his development when Calzaghe was fighting. I'd have loved to have seen Joe slap him all around the ring. I'm not a Froch fan, not at all. He's got better in his attitude as time has gone on, but I still think he's a lazy arsed fighter with a big mouth and is just fortunate to have a chin that appears to be made of granite (I've never seen a fighter take such solid punches and seem completely unaffected).

Edited by MrMe