Asda Car Parking based on emissions

Cuprabob

Asda you f@cking muppets!! How can that possibly be enforceable. LOW VED cars are generally newish and cost a few pounds. Is this not discrimination based upon wealth? Ironic for Asda?? Might just have to go and park in the store just to see what they do or take my 1960 two stroke scooter down and plonk it in the bay!

More than happy for disabled people to get their own large spaces, don't mind so much parent and baby spaces (although having children is a choice and most spaces taken by vans and people carriers with teenage kids on board) BUT this is just stupid, what green idiot in marketing came up with that. As JC says ......... shoot them NOW.

It would seem it's more the council at fault rather than Asda

"ASDA says it was forced to set spaces aside at its Handsworth store for ‘green vehicles’ which can cost £18,000 or more. It was a condition of planning consent by the city council when the car park was altered."

Our local Waitrose now has EV charging bays, they were making a big song and dance about it in the local paper recently.

What they didn't mention, was that our Waitrose isn't very big, and that it'd be as good as pointless plugging an EV into it, as you'd be hard pressed to spend enough time to get any meaningful charge into the car.

A couple of our drivers have been talking about getting Nissan Leafs to use as cabs, citing that when they've finished building the new Nissan garage locally, it'll have a free EV charging bay, so they can just stop and charge the car up halfway through a shift, ****ing idiots, what use as a cab is a car with a 100 mile range (in optimum conditions), they wouldn't be able to get to Gatwick airport and back.

It would seem it's more the council at fault rather than Asda

"ASDA says it was forced to set spaces aside at its Handsworth store for ‘green vehicles’ which can cost £18,000 or more. It was a condition of planning consent by the city council when the car park was altered."

Its the local Asda to me.... will get to park my Polo closer to the main doors in future :D but it's not that hard to walk from the usual spot I parking (dent awareness parking) lol.

I don't think its true that they have cut the number of disabled parking either, after they finished the new car park design the number of spaced increased including the design for better flow of traffic.

I think there is definitely more mother & child space and parking for the disabled BUT perhaps people misuse these spots.

Been shopping in Asda a fair few times since the re-design and not once did I notice the Low Emissions spaces, doh!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/green-scene/disabled_drivers_seeing_red_over_green_parking_1_3773614

Riz :)

Edited by Riz
found information

...just use the same style you use in the R32 and a tank will almost last forever....ie. don't drive it :roflmao:

Getting to work may be an issue though

Very true.... :D in all fairness if I didn't take this new job I would have needed it, doing about 90miles per day it made some sense.

Riz :)