SL65 Black

Andrew

Just up the road from my new house. Sat on the driveway looking rather menacing. I was late so didn't take any pics but will on the way home.

Spotted some Impala too whihc might be more unusual for the area ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use the MyCarCheck app, it'll show whatever details are on record, so if it's registered as a 6.2 it'll say.

It looks to me like someone has altered the details on the V5 to hide the model name, presumably to hide the fact from people like me with reg check apps that it isn't an AMG, the only thing you can't change without proof of engine swap is the engine size.

I don't think Mercedes would get that wrong when registering it, as it would have implications with taxing it.

Should be a 6.2 shouldn't it? Maybe 5l is the maximum for Reg Check?

SL65 AMG Black should have the 6L V12 twin turbo I think, not sure if there is a SL63AMG Black yet?

If you have the cash Merc themselves will sell you the 'bits' to make your AMG (or lesser SL, C class) into a black series copy +++

If you have the cash Merc themselves will sell you the 'bits' to make your AMG (or lesser SL, C class) into a black series copy +++

They even help to devalue their brand? Oh dear. Does that mean they will sell the parts to make your AMG Black look like a boggo poverty spec sleeper? :D

The house it is sat outside is incongruous with someone who can lavish £250k on a car, it must be said. And it is just sat outside all the time. Looks quite good from the back though as you can see. Need to see it out and about - I suspect the noise might be a giveaway.