Anyone have an LG G2?

Torino101

Time for phone replacement time and the options due to the contract prices here really come down to only two choices.

The 5s is out as it is insanely priced and the huge premium for me isn't worth it. I would also consider the HTC One but only if significantly better than the following two phones as it is also more expensive - though nowhere near as bad as the Apple.

So it comes down to the Samsung S4 (replacement due in March / April to the S5) or the highly praised (in reviews), LG G2.

I'm not a huge fan of LG generally but I can't ignore the glowing reports it has been getting from all corners saying that it is a better phone than the S4. The software will be largely the same so it comes down to hardware and ergonomics. Has anyone had experience with a G2 - great? Or drives you potty?

*I should say that the Nexus 5 isn't sold here before it is suggested as an alternative*

Edited by Torino101

It's not the cost of the phone so much here. They have a totally separate price plan (on all networks) for those using Apple. The actual cost of the calls / packages / contract is more expensive (much more) than for any other handset. So the ongoing cost is greater even if I had the phone for free.

What about an iPhone 5? Just not a 5S.

I didn't upgrade because I refuse to pay the amount, so I just wait until contract renewal when the difference is limited in technical specification.

Not wanting to hijack the thread but as a user of a 4S, I don't want a 5/5C/5S.

We have a 5 and a 5C in the house and they offer nothing (for me) my 4S doesn't. Not worth the cost of an upgrade.

Of the phones you list, i'd go for the HTC One, it's generally regarded as the best non iPhone on the market.

My experience of LG phones, is that they are good, but have lots of niggly little annoyances, although if it's running Android that's unlikely to still be the case.

That does seem to fare very well.  I'm still a bit unsure about "Stuff" reviews though.  I'll not go into the full details of why, but it centres around certain allegations about them not being entirely impartial.  Allegedly.  Probably not true.  Does that offer me legal protection?  I believe it should.