Cayman S - v v short observation.

shao_khan

So spent two days honing around in a Cayman S. Ok spec, PASM, PDK, sport exhaust were notable additions.

First observation - it's f'king brilliant, the GT4 must be a stonking car. Handling, performance were all grin inducing, sport exhaust just makes you want to burry your right foot at every opportunity, I averaged just under 19 mpg over the 2 days, around MK there is just so must opportunity for pop pop pop downshift and roaring acceleration. I must confess I was like a kid in a candy store for the duration.

So overall summary, given the choice of this or the C4s I had recently, the 911 wouldn't get a second thought. For me this car was infinitely superior, not as fast / brutal, but the smaller size / proportions just felt so much more nimble. I could live with this car daily, the 911 I was glad to get back into the Macan. There was nothing I could fault this for, and I think in GT spec will be truly awesome.

• Like 1

LoL, yes after watching Henry Catchpole struggle a little, I think a powered option is better (hence a possible GTS acquisition).  I did love the 4 years of no roof driving - went through a lot of baseball hats!  :)

Mind you, panoramic roof open, windows down, the C63 isn't too shabby - and has a better sound system (7.1 Harmon Kardon surround).  Sounds better than the Porsche flat 6 too.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...