Recommend me a dashcam

Mac

That's a very kind offer.  See, that worked a treat! :roflmao:

I may have to come back to you and see if we can sort our mutual diaries blah blah. +++

The issue I have is I was hoping to find 10 minutes to do it myself and that's going to be different from getting yours and my diaries synchronised to a time when we can both find however long it'll take to spare!  :roflmao:

I had spare time today (just about the only day) and that's when I discovered it wasn't quite as easy as my brain told me it would be. :roflmao:

Week after next I'm not at the Met data centre that isn't there. . While I'm not there I could do this for you fairly easily.

Another very kind offer even though you're not going to be at the place that doesn't exist.

I shall have a think about timings and what not.  Eldavo is probably my best option purely because the week after next (when you're not at the place that isn't there) I'm away for 4 days....in the City you'll not have traveled from. :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  Seems there's very little difference between your can and mine.  A useful comparison as I'm going to get a cam from my girlfriends car so am looking to see which one to buy.

I did notice an annoying high pitch whine in the audio on mine that I really don't like.

a bit late to the party on this one... but I have the BlackVue DR650GW 2ch unit (1080p front, 720p back) in the Cayenne. It cost me £60 to have a professional install it for me and it was worth every penny !

http://www.blackvue.eu/Blackvue_DR650GW.php

Footage is superb and it's nice knowing if someone forgets to break the rear camera will capture the look on their face

Edited by Biscuits

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2016 at 11:41 AM, patently said:

Price just dropped a tenner to £29.99, if anyone is still after a camera +++

Edited by Andy_Bangle
  • Like 1

My little Mobius has died today, that's the problem with these cheap Chinese things, they feel like they are well made, but inside...

I think I'm just going to replace it with a more professional consumer oriented device.

It's not even a year old yet, so will contact the company I purchased it from, but I'm not holding my breath.

On 29 June 2016 at 1:55 PM, burble said:

My cheapy A118 wedge dash cam is arsing about - the GPS doesn't work even though I know the GPS receiver works fine. So I'm binning it off and have ordered a DDPai M6+ to replace it.

I'm considering this too. Let me know what you think.

I was also thinking about using a large external Anker USB charger for its power supply and then just charge it at home/off the cigarette socket as apposed to keeping it running off the car battery. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Riz said:

I was also thinking about using a large external Anker USB charger for its power supply and then just charge it at home/off the cigarette socket as apposed to keeping it running off the car battery. What do you think?

Why on earth would you do that?!   That has got me completely baffled!  :roflmao:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

Why on earth would you do that?!   That has got me completely baffled!  :roflmao:

Well I was thinking it'll carry on recording though the night or when the car is parked up without draining the battery.

2 hours ago, Riz said:

I'm considering this too. Let me know what you think.

Just wire it into the fuse box so its only on when the ignition is on.  Simple enough, I've hard wired four like this now, three Audis and a Citroen.  Hardest ironically was the Citroen, couldn't find an earth!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-Add-A-Circuit-Fuse-TAP-Adapter-Standard-ATC-Blade-Fuse-Holder-Auto-Car-32V-/331435067300

Plug one of these into the fuse board in a slot that is a) not powering an important safety feature in the car and b) is only powered when the ignition on.  The rear wiper is a good one to try first.  Put the original fuse from the slot you have piggy backed into the adaptor, plus an additional 5 or 10 amp for the dash cam...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Female-IN-Car-Cigarette-Cigar-Lighter-12V-24V-DC-Cable-Socket-Charger-Adapter-/301629079712

Wire the fuse adaptor lead to the positive wire on a spare cigarette lighter, and earth the negative wire against the chassis of the vehicle.  Job done