High boost 9 all the time?

DHA

The boost settings on Revo have no effect on the timing and hence the fuel you use will be irrelavent. The timing setting is the one which will be effected by using optimax, 95 ron agressive setting is timing 5 and optimax agressive setting is timing 7 therefore setting to use with optimax is HighBoost 9 Timing 7. I take it you have an SPS3??? The ECU will still back off if it detects detonation regardless of settings you select.

I dont think you will find REVO recommending High Boost 9 all the time, in fact I think they recommend low boost 9 timing 6 as a general day to day maximum (on good fuel).

Personally I normally run High Boost 6 Timing 5

One thing that confuses me is that people say only use the higher settings for trackdays etc, but thats the time when the engine is caned the most!

Dunc

update...

totally shat meself today when getting onto the motorway. put my foot down in 4th to say bye-bye to an mr2 and the car just died on me... frown.gif

managed to limp all the way to the dealer who fitted the Revo, all the time thinking the worst like turbo fubar or whatnot. dealer checked it out and found that the induction pipe jubilee clip had come loose and when I put my foot down, must have come loose - hence not being able to drive above 60mph (not good on mway when weeing down and mad lorry drivers up me arris), and coughing and spluttering all over the place.

dealer just put the clip back on, tied it up correctly (this time), and reset the error codes - job done.

back to being a happy camper (thank fvck) jump.gif

Lol, this happened on mine at full tilt when doing a power run on Stealths rolling road. You've never seen so many worried faces in your life laugh.giffekr.giffuck_scott.gif Not least someone from Revo who was acting as ballast and was sat on the front wing right next to the pipe that came off. Twas somewhat of a brown trouser moment jump.gif

had the same with mine, infact having that hose replaced as its lost its shape.

i have also beefed up the jubilee's to JCS High Grip stainless steel ones. as the standard jubilee couldnt hold it on, and it kept blowing off.

Its not quite complete yet...

As at the moment i have a huge industrial clamp holding it on till i get the turbo hose replaced, It kept blowing off the steel pipe on LHS of engine, where it goes to first IC.

Audi's temp repair lasted three miles before it blew off, so i repaired it myself. good job as i have got to wait nearly another two weeks till they have booked me in. crazy.gif

for now I have replaced the hose clips on the hose to airbox, and second IC to mainfold.

Im going to supply Audi with the clips to do the last hose.

You can see the clips on Waks site.

http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/hoseclips/hoseclips.htm

The hose clips are great. far stronger than normal jubilee's and wider to give better foot print. You can give these some grief without fear of over tightening.