[Audi A3/S3] Debadging Poll

Drillslinger

How often do you check tyre pressures ?  

1. 1. How often do you check tyre pressures ?

For me it's about keeping the car looking clean, so I like the lack of chrome bits stuck on the back adn people trying to establish if my A3T is a 1.6 or a TDi....they soon find out!

On the other hand it's nice for a car to show what it is as well, take the badges off of a Ferrari and a lot of people would have no idea what it is, so whilst a wolfs in sheeps clothing ís nice occassionally it's sometimes nice to let the wolf show it's true colours....

So as you can see I am utterly confused by the whole subject beerchug.gif

Not sure myself. I think it does look nicer without the badges but I'm sure there'll be folk thinking "a bit pretentious"..

Debadging seems to be rife in the Beemer world though - every second 318i I see seems to be debadged (apart from the replacement 'M' badge) smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure myself. I think it does look nicer without the badges but I'm sure there'll be folk thinking "a bit pretentious"..

Debadging seems to be rife in the Beemer world though - every second 318i I see seems to be debadged (apart from the replacement 'M' badge) smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda the same here with Audi's as a majority are TDi's so although I try to play nicely with them I soon find out they aren't up to much frown.gifgrin.gif

It's nice to have no badges on the move, so that people don't know what they're playing with, but on the otherhand when you're parked somewhere it's nice for people to be able to identify what you've got.

I originally ordered mine without badges... I liked the idea of no-one knowing unless they heard the engine or saw my dust... but then I really like the quattro part, so stayed with the standard set of badges. without, it seems that I'm trying to hide a smaller / lower spec car description under a 'blanket of blankness'... phh, I need to get out more.

[ QUOTE ]

I originally ordered mine without badges... I liked the idea of no-one knowing unless they heard the engine or saw my dust... but then I really like the quattro part, so stayed with the standard set of badges. without, it seems that I'm trying to hide a smaller / lower spec car description under a 'blanket of blankness'... phh, I need to get out more.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally true

J - Hows your 3.2?

[ QUOTE ]

J - Hows your 3.2?

[/ QUOTE ]

... yeah, well... it's alright I suppose...

sekret.gifwink.gif

It's frickin' awsome! I can't believe I've got the thing, and have washed it 4 times already!

Also, I can't stop driving at 12 mpg!!! (I've started calculating my speed in petrol).

Scared the living bajesus out of my girlfriend by doing launch control unannounced... he-he. I think she liked it really wink.gif

Love the rasping exhaust note at 7000 revs, but I don't think I'm meant to be pressing the "faster" pedal as much until I've done my first 1000 miles wink.gif

hell yeah...! Almost never had so much fun flapping my paddles... gotta say though, I'm in "d" or "s" most of the time.

the gearbox (according to the manual and from my experiece) learns your recent driving style and changes itself accoringly... so, if I'm cruising, it will hover under 1,500 revs for all driving, where as (and still in "D") if I'm driving like I stole it, the it keeps up nicely. This may be where some people experience an occasional lag in sudden acceleration, if they have been driving miss daisy before hand... but to be honest, I stick it in "S" or paddle down (thus changing to manual gear changes from auto in an instant) if I want to squezze into that A3 length of space on a round-about. smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something, What is launch control? and how do you operate it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the thing that'll have you creaming Carrera 2's off the lights!!

...and i don't know how to use it because I've got a manual!

J - My Wife hates my recent driving, says I drive it like a 17yr old boy racer. I have to make out my sudden bursts of power are accidental.

"can't help it luv, it's just so responsive", hah hah

[ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something, What is launch control? and how do you operate it?

[/ QUOTE ]

he-he... with your DSG auto-box:

You switch off "EPS", put it in "Sport" mode, put your (left!) foot on the brake, then other foot hard on the gas... the engine revs up to around 2800 waiting for you to take you foot off the brake. then, the car accelerates as fast as the computer can make it, until you reach escape velocity and go into orbit, only to realise you left your stomach at home.

[ QUOTE ]

J - My Wife hates my recent driving, says I drive it like a 17yr old boy racer. I have to make out my sudden bursts of power are accidental.

"can't help it luv, it's just so responsive", hah hah

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one, but I don't think it'll wash with my passenger alarm system, err, I mean girlfirend wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You only de-badge if you're ashamed of what's under the bonnet

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - that must be why I debadged my RS6! sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you debadge your RS6, you're mad??

PS: have you seen this weeks Top gear, great article on the S2 vs RS4 vs RS6!

[ QUOTE ]

Why did you debadge your RS6,

[/ QUOTE ]

Stealth!

[ QUOTE ]

you're mad??

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possibly! I do still have the badges, so I can refit them.

[ QUOTE ]

PS: have you seen this weeks Top gear, great article on the S2 vs RS4 vs RS6!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet. I might wander down to the newsagent at lunchtime - if it's not raining.