A4 cabriolet hardtop

thejestersshoes

[ QUOTE ]

I know that this might be a silly question.... but, does anyone know if a hardtop is made/available for the A4 cabriolet - in the same way as the BMW 3 series cabriolet has a hardtop that can be fitted during the winter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This picture has been posted here before, but it's worth seeing again.

235707-hardtop2%20copy.jpg

post-4802-137914282017_thumb.jpg

I think it looks quite good, but it's utterly pointless on an Audi Cabrio.

The hood is so well insulated that there's nothing to be gained by adding a fixed roof, plus you lose the whole point of the car, which is to be able to lower the roof!

I do think Audi should bring out an A4 coupe though, based around the A4 saloon and cabrio, a bit like the 3 series coupe. An A4 cabrio but with a proper intagrated fixed roof would look superb. cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think it looks quite good, but it's utterly pointless on an Audi Cabrio.

The hood is so well insulated that there's nothing to be gained by adding a fixed roof, plus you lose the whole point of the car, which is to be able to lower the roof! cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right, Ari. Having gone through the back-end of last winter with an A4 Cab, the roof is so well insulated that the hard top option is quite un-neccessary.

I know a guy who bought a hard top for his Z4 last autumn and I did wonder at the time how the A4's hood would perform in the frosts and snows. But all was well, despite having five-inches of snow on the roof one day. Obviously the Audi's roof must be better insulated than the BMW's! (now I've gone and done it , there'll be all sorts of Beamer guys on here soon defending their hoods and attacking Audis). smile.gif

IMHO the roof quality of a 3-series cab is equal to an a4 cab. The main advantage of a hardtop is a little less noice and no fear for the stuff they throw on the roads against ice (I don't now how it's called, but I guess: salt).

That stuff is really a disaster for the hood.

but apart from that, I don't need a hard-top. Especially as you would mis those wonderful moments in winter when you could drive top-less in the snow. Did that very often on wintersport holidays. It's lovely with the heated seats and a little sun and the heating on max cool.gif

Such occasions I really love driving a cab smashfreakB.gif