Extract From The Latest Mills and Boon Novel:-

Gaunty

We met in a secluded field, the sun nearly kissing the evening horizon. The warm breeze was full of that earthy, musky scent that only those fortunate enough to live outside the urban rat race know, and a quiet whispering of leaves in the weeping willow overhead added the final touch to the most romantic scene.

We lay there, both naked. I knew I had to have her, and have her now Without a word being spoken, I moved to a position of dominance. I could feel instantly that this was what she was waiting for as she frantically thrust her pelvis at my approaching organ. I moved slowly at first, Inch by inch, until I was fully inside her. Then as the tension rose, we threw caution to the wind and abandoned ourselves to the moment.

Although inexperienced, she approached every change of position with enthusiasm, moaning with despair every time I withdrew to prevent myself ending it all too soon. As the sexual tension heightened towards the inevitable mind blowing climax, it was all I could do to hold out any longer.

Finally, the moment we had been building up to was upon us, and passed all too quickly.

Breathlessly we rolled together in the now damp grass. As the last deep orange glow of the long setting sun melted into the darkness of approaching night, we lay there still entwined in an amorous embrace. I kissed her long and lovingly, and whispered reassuringly how good she had been. She tenderly and sensuously licked my inner ear then whispered, 'Baaa' and rejoined the flock.

This book is only for sale in New Zealand, Australia, Wales and certainparts of Derbyshire.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

• 5 years later...

Either love them or loath them Mills and Boon celebrate their 100 anniversary. Some call their books trashy while others a means by which to unwind and enjoy a world of romantic make believe that stimulate the mind in the right way.

Romance has been with us from the dawning of time and for the last century Mills and Boon has carried the torch. What are your feelings about, this now, almost classical publisher? Being brought up in a Christian home my mother would never have let me read these fiction books believing them to be unhealthy for a young lady. Had she have known of the many hours I spent reading these fairy tale romance stories she'd of had a fit and however my husband teases me when he catches me indulging in a moment of quietness from the tribe I find them a great way to relax and unwind. Are they harmful ladies? Do they give us the wrong impression of what love is? My thought is this, who cares I enjoy them even though I know my husband will never be the kind of man that, 'brooding ranch owner Brody Hamilton' was for Lucy Farnsworth.' ;);)

So come on girls share your thoughts on Mills and Boon, were you caught reading them in class at school, did your mother catch you under the bed clothes, or did she encourage your passion for a good racy whirl wind romance?