GUTTED

innocenti

Went to collect my new car today and after giving it the once over I noticed that the bonnet has a small dent in it - not glaringly obvious but it's there and all of a sudden my bubble had been burst UHOH7.GIF

After all sorts of promises by the dealer that if I did take it away today, it would be fixed early next week, I eventually put my sensible hat on and told them I would reject the car until the dent has been repaired to my satisfaction.

The dent is on the swave line ( don't know if I've spelt that right?!) so it might not be possible to repair it fully ?

I'm going to keep an open mind though and hope that in a couple of days I have the car I've been waiting 14 weeks for.

I did take a picture before I noticed the dent though.

Phil

post-4093-137914282472_thumb.jpg

Great shame but IMO you've done the right thing. I accepted a previous car with a slight flaw just because I wanted to get my hands on it and spent the next three years feeling my eyes drawn towards a small imperfection in the paint finish and kicking myself.

Good luck - the dealer should be able to sort it by one means or another.

Well, I went back to the dealer to inspect the car and to my relief they had done a great job of repairing the small dent in the bonnet, so I am now the proud owner of my first Audi. 169144-ok.gif

I tried my hardest to spot any imperfections in the paint or any sign of a dent and could not see a thing. I'm quite happy to put it behind me and forget it was ever there.

Compared to the sort of heap that I'm used to driving, this car is just the mutt's nuts. I can't wait to get past 1000 miles and have some fun with the torque and the quattro on all the windy roads on the way to work. laugh.gif

Phil