UBM

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I've had 981 miles out of a 70 litre tank of Ultimate crusing the French autoroutes. Reckon I would have made the 1000 mile mark (just!) but would have run out of fuel before the next stop!

I reckon that was about 65mpg (DIS was reading ~67mpg):

68.jpg

Unfortuately my day to day driving is a mix of short journies and I don't hang around too much:

DSCF0488.jpg

Does longlife oil make a big difference to fuel consumption. I read that there should be a 2.7% improvement using longlife oil but my Passat always goes better after a service. It's only had 2 in 50,000 miles and I just wonder if more frequent oil changes would improve the 45.9mpg it always seems to be stuck on. I do 46 miles a day Kibworth to Coalville on mixed roads. Is that good or bad fuel consumption? confused.gif

Just filled up today, and the last 2 tanks have given me over 1500 miles which roughly equates to 56.5 mpg. The computer is telling me it's doing 56.9 mpg.

And tonight it flagged up a "Service in 2000 miles" warning, which will take it to over 35k miles when it gets done. 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just a tankfull?! That's for wimps. Since new, my Sportback has done 14265 miles, used 1318.7 litres of diesel which gives 51.57 MPG overall!

On a recent run to work, covering 37 miles from a cold start & taking it easy, this was the result...

69.JPG

Anyone for a 69 club? 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...