[Audi A3/S3] S3 WARRANTY UPGRADE

jules_s3

How long is a piece of string???... If you want peace of mind get the warranty upgrade. S3's are pretty bomb proof but they go wrong just the same as any other car. Bear in mind Audi have just put up the prices for extended warranty to I think around £800. There was a post on here about it over the last couple of weeks so do a search.

prices have gone up, search audi chat for the official letters i posted...

i got mine just in time 60K miles for £500, now its £800+ for the same cover.

an unlimited milage one, which your need as your only 2k miles from 60K will be much more.

sorry for the bad news.

I think its a case of catch 22 on warranty, if you get it you won't need to claim, but if you dont then fear the costs.

I renewed my S3 for years 3-4, for £440 with a bit a stealer discount. Just about got my monies worth out of it before selling on with the remainder of the warranty.

End of the day its peace of mind, you know that when your car goes into to have work done its unlikely to cost you, apart from wear and tear etc. Dealer rates are around the £100 ph mark now aswell.

Is your car modded at all ?

Graham

PS. Welcome to TSN beerchug.gif

Audi, VW, BMW, Merc, etc all rip you of on extended warrantys, just as PCworld dixons, comet and the like do, my advice is to shop around, as that is where they all make there money, luckily for me my friend is a used car dealer and can get me a like for like warranty for about £200 inc Greenflag Euro Cover (the dealer buys the same £200 warrantys from the same rep and resells them for heaps more!!!)

Mate has just done the BMW warranty on a 320d auto touring which went up from just under £400, unlimited milage and covers everything.

The Audi warranty is a complete con.

On my 2002 a4 tdi avant with 61,000 miles on it, I had the milage cap lifted at a cost of around £480 and when I took it in because a wheel bearing had gone I had to fight to get them to cover it as they classed it as wear an tear.

My own warranty on my S3 expires in May 2005 and I was thinking about renewing in view of past problems with the ESP. After reading this post about the Audi warranty I got an independant quote from RAC. They quoted for a five star warranty via 'quotelinedirect.com' £598 for 12 months, £978 for 24 months or £1318 for 36 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to Audi today and they have advised that due to changes by the FSA they cannot sell any warranties until they can adhere to the new regulations. They are presently working on this but could not give me a date when it will be resolved.

Sounds like the new FSA rules are doing their job at keeping the real sharks out of the business then grin.gif