Ipod your BMW now available at UK dealers.

Newbie123

Just had mine fitted at it's superb 169144-ok.gif full control of the ipod using the headunit plus it recharges the ipod as well.

The part number is 65410395292 and costs £135 + fitting.

It can only be used with business headunits that don't have a 6CD installed.

Great gadget though notworthy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome 169144-ok.gif

It sounds like you've had the auxillary input fitted. Which basically allows you to plug in the ipod using a 3.5mm aux cable to the headphone socket on your ipod. This only allows you to change the volume using the headunit, while track changes still have to be made using the ipod. (No cable is provided!)

There is a new kit which has just been launched which actually puts a docking cable into the glovebox. This then allows you to control the ipod through the headunit. The part number is in Snail's post for the 3 series.

Here are a couple of pics (sorry poor mobile phone ones frown.gif)

Ipod link pics

as you can see in the second pic, I did have the aux input fitted first (which is probably what they have installed for you) and next to it the docking cable which was recently fitted.

• 4 weeks later...

depends what stereo Russ, but im pretty sure the part number for the ipod adapter i got was for 3/5 series.

I think the only stereo's that might cause issues are the posh sat nav jobbies.

Go into your local beemer dealer, and take either of the above part numbers, they can then use da parts matrix thingy to find out if your stereo compatible.

Thanks smile.gif We got the "upgraded stereo", can't remember whether it was the business or professional, whichever one wasn't standard. It's not the satnav one though. We got it upgraded purely for the MP3 playback so a bit annoying that 7 months down the line it still can't do it! Hopefully we can get the aux input or ipod cable, for free, to make up for it...

• 2 weeks later...

Got a good result - went in to the dealer and asked if the MP3 software upgrade was available, they said it was and they would upgrade for free. Went to collect and they had fitted the Aux input, and also upgraded the software! So, free Aux input and now we can play MP3's directly from CD's placed in the head unit smile.gif

It's a '54 Reg 525D SE (E60). You have to have the "business" stereo upgrade, not the standard professional unit. (Or is it the other way round). It's the one with the dual tuners anyway. Also, you need to NOT have SatNav, if you do, the software upgrade for MP3 playback isn't available yet (approx 3 months away apparently).