Smash!!!....but no grab!

misternomer

Attached is the picture of my A8 passenger window after being assaulted a couple of time with a brick last week. I had £10k's worth of camera equipment in there so thank f??? they didn't manage to gain entry.

The cost of newly fitted glass was £830 with Autoglass, though only £60 with insurance. I could buy a new car for that!

post-5977-137914308067_thumb.jpg

Christ! Thats my worst nightmare!

This is getting out of hand these scum bags need their heads removed. Sorry to hear and see the damage M8, where did you leave it parked?

I'm fitting a second screen in the rear between the front seats and that would be on display so its scaring the dung.gif out of me! And why does it cost so much have you got double glazing or something? Do all A8's have that type of protection from their windows? If so great! 169144-ok.gif

In closing die! all thieving vandalising scum! smashfreakB.gifopenfire.gifopenfire.gif

I'm sure with a bit more detrmination they could have got in. The real pain is that even after the glass has been cleaned out there's some left in the seat runners and stick in there with grease.

Mine has double glazing and silvered glass. If you're not sure about yours then just wind the window down and look at the top edge. It'll be obvious whether it's one or two panes.

I was parked up on the forest so serves me right - still I refuse to be intimidated or pissed off. The fact that they needed to break into my car for their next fix is THEIR problem and not mine. I must say it's uncommon for Tunbridge Wells though. Come to think of it there's a 'traveller's' camp up there so it was probably a pikey child at the behest of his mother. Dyoo Like the Daargs?

I had the same thing last year when I was back home, funny thing was there was a croud of us parked on the side of the road, we were in the feild clay-pigon shooting, what kid of dip-sh!t has a go at a car that belongs to someone 20 yards away when they know that they have a shotgun and are bound to be a good shot.

BTW cost me 20 Euros for the rear side glass

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

The cost of newly fitted glass was £830 with Autoglass, though only £60 with insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent performance from Audi there when you needed it most. Laminate works wonders, clearly proof that the A8 / RS6 sideglass is worth it. To do that damage would take some serious effort. To give you some idea, Lupobabe had a half brick thrown at her front door when I was in Cov and it just bounced off leaving no damage, no doubt helped by the tint laminate. God knows how hard you would have to hit your double glazed & laminated A8 sidelass to crack it, let alone make the mess you photographed above.

Guess Autoglass requested you drove into the branch for the replacement. Not the easiest doorglass to fit I would imagine!

Ian