Independent 4WD Rolling Road test for your R?

Mook

How many kids do you have, if at all?  

1. 1. How many kids do you have, if at all?

I have been trying to find a company with a 4WD rolling road which meets the following criteria:

1) They don't currently do VW/Audi/BMW/Porsche tuning - so they aren't interested in possibly showing slightly increased BHP and torque readings because they have just tweaked your car - apparently this really happens... shocked.gif

2) They are keen to access the Tyresmoke community 169144-ok.gif

3) The rolling road can handle anything from stock your stock .:R to something very modified tongue.gif

3) They are based in the South

My search has lead to Janspeed in Salisbury, Wiltshire – about 80 miles west of London, 50 miles East of Bristol, 30 miles north or Southampton and 50 miles south of Swindon (don’t quote me on these distances!).

They have just commissioned a 1000BHP 4 wheel drive rolling road, which is currently being installed and will be fully up and running by the second week in June.

The questions are...

... are you (seriously) interested in having your car dyno’d? ooo.gif

... if you are interested, which day of the week would you prefer the group booking to be? confused.gif

Have been discussing this with Smudge and he thinks there may be at least 15 or so TSN members in the South who are up for this.

I don’t have a day rate yet, because they've not got one yet! I need to get back to Janspeed with numbers first – whatever the day rate is, it will be split equally by the total number of runs on the dyno for the whole day.

They reckon about 30 minutes for a full run, by the time your car is strapped on, run up, unstrapped and taken off – so that’s about 15 cars in one day.

If you want to do a before-mod and after-mod comparison, that's no problem, as long as you appreciate you will need to pay for each run.

Reckon this should probably be in late June or early July.

beerchug.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MG,

Have you tried "The Power Station" in Cheltenham?

They have a 4WD RR..... 169144-ok.gif

They are also happy to take group days as I had my RS Turbo dyno'd by them several years ago during an RS Turbo shootout, the pictures and results went into Performance Ford. How about getting a VW mag to cover the day???? ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Have you tried "The Power Station" in Cheltenham?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't, to be fair, but Cheltenham is quite a way from where I am in deepest Daarsit.. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How about getting a VW mag to cover the day???? ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call! 169144-ok.gif

Will check this out once we've got more interest.

beerchug.gif

Ok Guys & Gals, I've made this one sticky for now.

Please can any R32 owners that are interested please use the poll below so we can get a true idea of numbers. Please vote even if you have already stated a yes or no.

For now I think it would be great if we kept this to R32 owners only, I'm fairly confident we can get a good show for this one. I also think we will stick with the new RR at Janspeed, MG has already started the ground work, so lets keep it simple.

169144-ok.gif

Guys & Gals, still sat at 8, but at the moment I've only recieved three PM's confirming (including myself & MG).

coffee.gif

Please drop me a PM to confirm your interest, otherwise you won't get an invite & the numbers will get messed up.

Ta, Al.

169144-ok.gif

Ok, so far 10 yes votes, but only 8 PM's, & not all of those are 100% yes's. crazy.gifconfused.gif

The list is as follows:

Smudge

Mauvegecko

Jimmyp (maybe)

Golfgirl

Cattlerustler (maybe)

Hotdog (maybe)

Moschops (maybe)

R32Tim

Any additions or corrections please advise.

Al.

beerchug.gif

Have just spoken to Janspeed to follow this up and we now have two options in July 2005. 169144-ok.gif

- Week commencing 11th July - any day except Thursday 14th

- Week commencing 25th July - any day except Friday 29th

I need to firm up the number of people going with them by early next week so that we can get confirmation of the booking.

Cost? If there are less than 10 cars the cost will be £30 per car. If there are more than 10 cars, the cost will be £25 per car.

Smudge has the details of people who have already said yes or maybe, so pls can you PM him again to give him your preferred day, even if you can do it on any day, please let him know.

Smudge, I think it may be worth opening this up to GTI people as well, so we can crank up the numbers to 15 or even 20 for the day.

beerchug.gif

Nice one MG. As it stands we are below the 10 mark. I'll stick a post in the MkV GTi forum & make it sticky. Though I'm sure many will be upset that our "old" cars are faster than theirs.

grin.gif

List stands so far:

Smudge

Mauvegecko

Jimmyp (maybe)

Golfgirl

Cattlerustler (maybe)

Hotdog (maybe)

Moschops (maybe)

R32Tim

Flads

Please PM me your prefered dates. At the moment, I can do any of the dates running from the 11th up to the 25th, and then I go on holiday. PLEASE TAKE NOTE! tongue.gif

beerchug.gif