Lupo Rattle (tappets?)

zebedee

Hi Guys

I have an annoying problem with my 1.0e lupo 1999.

I have had the car 12 month and only done 4000 miles since i bought it. It's NOW at 57000 and the tappets are starting to make intermittent rattles every 2-3 seconds apart. Has ANYONE on the Forum got experience with this problem and perhaps know what is causing it? I can only think of 2 possible causes. 1 oil pressure from the pump or 2 a damaged Hydraulic lifter. That is assuming the lupo HAS hydraulic lifters??? Any help wouild be greatly appreciated.

Other than that i just want to get the Suspension raised back up as it has 40mm lowering kit fitted and it's too stiff a ride for me i just want it back to standard.

Zeb

• 3 years later...

I also have a Lupo and the same problem the tappets really rattly and loud. I have had a oil change and its still the same ive been advised im going to have to have new ones which will cost around 200 for the parts without Labour. Let me no if you have any better ideas for this.

If the oil isn't changed regularly, you get deposits building up through the oil galleries, so that's probably what's caused your problem. Change the oil every 10K miles on that 1.0 engine.

Once the damage is done, it's nigh on impossible to prevent the rattle, so it's a replacement job, like Jade G says (welcome to Tyresmoke, by the way!).