can you alter xenon light level??

Zenyck100

This can be done - if you look in Kiyo's gallery you will see some pics or search teh forum for Kiyo's posts and you should find his description of how he did this.

General opinion was the Xenons are quite low so as not to dazzle but cos they offer such better light it doesn't matter so much - I had a Corrado before the R32 and initially they seemed low but now I rarely use main-beam so it may depend what you are used to.

HtH

Martin

VW Dealer will adjust headlamps, they did mine which were too low and too much on nearside.

They put it on a ramp and plugged the car in via Vagcom, used a VW software CD to get the lamps set to VW UK standard, then adjusted from there.

With the Xenons I was told it can't be done DIY, need the software and I believe there's some requirement regarding levelling, which can't be done by you or me by simply facing the lights against a dark wall and self adjusting.

The xenons should adjust themselves automatically dependant on the load your carrying, and even (IIRC) if you have an on coming vehicle (dips slightly to avoid dazzle) but as some say, and have done before, the Xenons on the R do seem to be low sometimes. I'd get the stealer to sort it rather than fiddle yourself.

169144-ok.gif