Honda Civic Type R drivers, WHY????

loddrik

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll tell you if you promise not to laugh...

Well out of the "performance gang" for a while...

Astra 1.9CDTi (150PS, 232lbft) Estate Design (sports pack, 1/2 leather, etc) brand new for £3k off list.

I was after a non VW/Audi workhorse bargain and I think I got one. I actually rather like them and the service was top notch.

With £3k off it will soften the depreciation and we'll keep it for eons anyway and buy the next car as a 2nd one.

49mpg combined and 0-60 in 8.6s so not too shabby.

My experience of VW is that they also depreciate like a rock off a cliff - £5k lost in one year on my R32 and £5k lost in two years on my mk3 GTi 16v!

Porsche and Merc SLK are the only safe bets these days.

[ QUOTE ]

What a joke, BMW owners have got to be the biggest tossers on the road. If theres anyone with a small willy and needs to pretend it isn't its BMW owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a worthwhile first post to this forum.

I'm sure that penis size does indeed correspond directly to what you buy, absolutely, yeah!

Retard 169144-ok.gif

I looked at a Type R along with a clio 182, but they were both so tacky. The clio lookes like a clio, and inside is a clio. No leather, doesn't feel expensive, but at least its not a wannabe.

The Type R was soo tacky inside. Everywhere there is "TYPE R" and "VTEC" bla bla. Its a hassle to drive (at 900million RPM EVERYWHERE), and its only front wheel drive. Spent my cash elsewhere!

BTW jasonf123, BMW drivers don't neccesarily have a "small willy" (eloquent), but I believe they probably have a bigger wallet than you, and can impress the ladies with their Beemer sitting outside. You, on the other hand must have a HUGE "willy", as you don't drive a BMW, so you could just get it out at a party; that'll impress the ladies. ha.gif

As Thorburn Says: Retard 169144-ok.gif

I'm not a BMW owner, can you read my signature? I also don't tend to insult people on the basis of their car, but I'm sure we would all be interested to know exactly what you drive.

I only ask so we can all have the opertunity of getting ourselves big "willys", and all the BMW guys can avoid terrible embarresment. yelrotflmao.gif

'you BMW owners'....

His signature says he drives an Audi, and me, well I drive a Ford....

Guess what, you're just another angry little peon jealous of other peoples things. Go back to teaching you illigitimate children to swear and being rude to pensioners.

I think there is a lot of crap being talked on this post. There are some pillocks driving Type-R's (I have come across them too) but not everyone who drives one is an idiot.

There are lots of stereotypical comments made about most car's drivers, for example "BMW's indicators are optional extras" as it is perceived that their drivers are so ignorant that they don't see the need to use indicators. But these are just that "stereotypes".

The Honda Civic Type-r is an iconic drivers car with fantastic handling and one of the most powerfull and reliable normally aspirated engines ever made in mass production. Yes it needs revs but if you enjoy driving then you will appreciate that. Turbo cars are easier to drive in many ways. Every single road test in magazines and car programmes on TV agree with me. I am sorry but a lot of what is said on this post is rubbish. The car weighs 1150kgs has 197BHP as standard and can crack 0-62 in 6.4 secs (with the new lighter flywheel now fitted). The engine also lends itself easily to tuning allowing around 240BHP without the need for a turbo or blower. Some tuning companies can tune it to make 300BHP as a drive in drive out service.

I am a car fanatic (and motorbikes) and have owned all sorts of cars, I am on my second Civic Type-R and love it. I looked at all sorts of cars and you can not beat the Type-R for £17k on the road. Your BMW Alpina's and M3's are awesome cars but they cost twice what a Type-R costs to buy and run.

For the record I don't try to race everyone and I am courteous to other road users unless they treat me like a cock.

Tim

Guys & gals, 2 new members to the board & we've not really welcomed them???

Jasonf123 & HondaEP3, welcome to Tyresmoke. Please note guys, this is a <u>discussion</u> board, and we're all entitled to our opinion, but flaming doesn't help. Lets all be a little bit more constructive in our posts please.

Thanks

Smudge.

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the welcome, I joined because I wanted to put another point of view on this "anti-type-R post" NONO3.GIF but it seems an interesting forum so I will stick around.

All the best guys, don't get too hung up on us type-r drivers, we're not all out to get you. 169144-ok.gif

HondaEP3, its good to hear that you are the exception to the rule and I'm glad you like it, in the light of the competition they are very good cars.

The problem with the Type-R is not anything technical, its all the buyer it attracts. In being good value, one of the best cars in its class, and having an engine that lends itself to being thrashed it basically puts itself first on the list for the young male with a bit of money and more ego than ability and ultimately they taint the image of the car more than a few respectable owners can repair.

Oh and one little bit of nit picking....

[ QUOTE ]

one of the most powerfull and reliable normally aspirated engines ever made in mass production

[/ QUOTE ]

Now be careful what you say, this is the sort of thing that helps earn Type-R owners the 'best car in the world mate' prejudice, because there are MANY normally aspirated engines in mass production that can produce 200bhp, any member of the BMW range from 3.0 litres and above, the V6 3.2 for VAG and a LOT of others.

I think what you meant is power per litre, or most powerful n/a in ITS CLASS wink.gif

Smudge, I'd like to half agree, welcome to HondaEP3 and ices_blah.gif to the other guy

[ QUOTE ]

What a joke, BMW owners have got to be the biggest tossers on the road. If theres anyone with a small willy and needs to pretend it isn't its BMW owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome Jason. 169144-ok.gif

It's good to have another U.S diplomat on board.

Glad to hear it wasn't a one off post & you're here for the long term. Tyresmoke is a good site, and because it's all for the joy of good cars, we do get the odd "flaming" thread. I guess the fact that the Type R is such a VFM car, you will get people spending money on major or crazy mods. And there are few people doing crazy mods to cars costing in excess of £25k. So I guess the Type R is going to get a bit of a beating on this front. But still great "all round package" but not my cup of tea for a day to day car.

169144-ok.gif

Ok yes most powerfull 2 litre NA car. Yes I was not very clear in what I was trying to say.

I wasn't bragging just putting the record straight. If you read what some people have written they are slagging the car off and what they are saying is totally wrong.

It is not really a Chavs car as the type-R is group 17 insurance and you will be hard pressed to find one much cheaper than £8k second hand.

Sometimes the more expensive cars attract a different kind of menace on the road. The "born again hooligan" the I am now in my 50's and have lot's of disposable income crowd. They buy M3's Merc SLK's Audi Quattros and don't even know you give way to the right at islands and bully you out of the overtaking lanes on dual carriageways and motorways.

I love my new Type-R, could have bought a nearly new such and such but I am glad I bought my CTR.