Sony Ericsson K750i (and forthcoming W800)

Paul

hopefully sorted out one of these for my next phone.

Just come out on Orange.

I have also negotiated "restarting" my 18 month talk/text bundle from scratch, so my bundle doesnt run out in 6 months time. (12 month contract, 18 month bundle)

just got to wait till 30th to progress it, as thats my one month notice. They are going to call me.

some comparisons..

W800 isnt out yet and is more or less same phone, with more MP3 bias and bigger memory card, and minus the camera cover.

i personally like the Black K750i, the cover over camera looks smart and will stop the fluff and dust getting on camera, My K700i has been perfect (although showing its age with scuffs, and dents now), so well happy to stay with SE.

K750 & W800

W800

Comparison of cameras against Nokia 6630 & S700

K750 Phone Images (Czech web page)

W800 Phone Images (Czech Web Page)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good timing matey; the 12months commitment to my 18month orange contract is up in June and i also want to upgrade my t630.

i like to stick with SE as i use the OUtlook support for calender/contacts function...although i note more phone now offer outlook support with additional software.

quick skim read - the extra 512mb vs 64 of the w800 over the k750i is a swaying factor isnt it [if the only other difference in the lens cover?]

i was advised to wait until july and i should get the k750 for free..

i dont use the memory i got in the K700! and never even had the ear phones out the packet for radio use.

so i can manage with less memory in the k750i, safe in the knowledge, i can buy another memory stick if required.

besides K750 is out, W800 isnt, an cant be sure if W800 is even coming to Orange (who i would like to stay with) yet

W800 doesnt look quite so classy IMHO.

Just spotted this & spooky once again Paul we've got the same phone on the radar screen - 750i

Did you get onto the subject of cost with Orange yet? Hopefully it's available on other networks too which is always a useful lever during negotiations

TIA

Ross, your upgrade is same time as mine or within weeks iirc.

I remember guiding you with getting the talk/text plan you wanted like me despite not being a "new customer"

cost, im told will be minimal amount if not free.

ive managed to secure a fresh start to my contract too, so its offer does not run out in 6 months time. 169144-ok.gif

Durrsaku : i used to be Nokia fan, but im not planning to go back any time soon. SE knocks spots off it, and is more reliable, than any nokia ive owned.

Thks Paul

Looking better all the time, just got off the phone to Orange and my current contract expires on 28/6 and they've already offered me a free upgrade on the SE 750i.

So that gives me a month or so to have alook at what other goodies the other networks will chuck in so I can persuade Orange to match! 169144-ok.gif

So, the camera cover at the reverse of the phone, is that powered by the battery or is it a finger slide jobber? And has anyone actually had the phone to hand - impressions especially vs the K700i?

beerchug.gif

i assumed it was a slidey cover.

i hated the way the dust and fluff clogged up the camera in the K700.

my contract finishes exactly same day!

they can start to process it, from 30/5/05 as thats the 11th month aka months notice etc...

they are supposed to be calling me on 30th, to set it all up.

i might do same.

although mines picked up a few dents and marks along the way.

the port cover doesnt fit very well anymore, and the logo badge is discoloured, as it was a weird sticky surfaced badge where "quickshare" logo would have been.

but i found a website www.mobilefun.co.uk that i can point people to if they want to give it a facelift with genuine spares.

assuming no one in family wants it.

Phone arrived yesterday.

very impressive.

only couple of niggly things that i would have preferred to be the same as the K700i, and imho gone a little bit backwards in their approach.

if you want delivery reports, you appear get a chime regardless of wether you want one.

prior to this on the K700 it was silent, but still told you messages were delivered.

you can only have it silent (so it appears) if completely in silent mode, so you dont hear calls either.

and in profiles, you can no longer choose a ringtone per profile and or choose to have a tone/vibrate or not on messages.

they have seperated it, making it a global setting, not a profile one.

so rather than just selecting your profile like before, you have to then seperatly go into settings and choose if you want a message tone or not.

i used to be able on the K700 to just choose "Work", "Home" etc from profiles and it would sort this out with one click.

Every ringtone, message alert etc was setable in profiles.

not the case with the K750i

apart from that, the phone is stunning, there doesnt seem to be much invasion by Oranges firmware, and i havent yet found any restrictions, and the branding is minimal down to one logo on the front where "quickshare" logo would be.

Shortcuts have been allowed this time, and you dont have to look at the three they preset like the K700.

so far ive set a few of the shortcuts, to make changing delivery reports on/off and message tones a little bit easier, as it seems i will be toggling these for home/work use etc.

I got the same phone yesterday, it is truly stunning, really nice to use and great looking. The camera is top notch. And a major plus is that it works properly with my Nokia Car Kit.

I have found a niggle though Paul - if you turn off the Sleep mode clock, so the screen goes blank instead of displaying the clock, the phone refuses to unlock. If you press * the right soft-key changes to Unlock, but it wont actually do it. And I find it quite odd that it still vibrates if you recieve a message while you're on a call.

Probably wont be a fair comparisson as im getting used to it

needless to say i am impressed with it,

it has

2.0 mega pix

4 x zoom,

normal, panorama, frames and burst mode

macro mode,

white balance

time delay etc etc

a chap at work has recently got a s700 and he was quite upset when he saw my k750. The crystal clear screen alone on the k750 knocks spots off the s700.

and ive still got the protective wrapper on the screen still too! yelrotflmao.gif

heres some pics while i get used to it.

<font color="red"> believe it or not, i have had to rezize these pics to 800x600 as they were too big to upload! </font>

Just Zoom, plenty of natural light

440056-bt%28Medium%29.JPG

post-215-137914310383_thumb.jpg