How much for a bulb !

Phantom

Well Sir, your bulb has corroded in its holder, it keeps spinning round, they couldn't get it out !

Turns out there was a crack in one of the cluster support arms which has allowed water to get in.

So , princely sum of £80 for an entire rear light cluster (not to mention the fitting costs) . Bloody rediculous especially as in my mind it could have been fitted incorrectly at the factory and it should therefore be under warranty. Well would be if Audi UK got their act together and offered me my extended warranty.

And on the subject of water penetration, after having my mirror control switch replaced due to corrosion why do Audi insist on putting the window switches in a place where they will be liable to being soaked in water when you have to open the windown on occasions in the rain.

End of rant sportifs2.gif

Just the bulb, or fitting aswell? From your local dealer? I would guess £15 for just the bulb, or £60 if it includes fitting.

I remember having two bulbs replaced in my Jaguar, admittedly they were behind the instrument cluster so it probably took them a few minutes to get to them but that cost something like £200...

[ QUOTE ]

Well Sir, your bulb has corroded in its holder, it keeps spinning round, they couldn't get it out !

Turns out there was a crack in one of the cluster support arms which has allowed water to get in.

So , princely sum of £80 for an entire rear light cluster (not to mention the fitting costs) . Bloody rediculous especially as in my mind it could have been fitted incorrectly at the factory and it should therefore be under warranty. Well would be if Audi UK got their act together and offered me my extended warranty.

And on the subject of water penetration, after having my mirror control switch replaced due to corrosion why do Audi insist on putting the window switches in a place where they will be liable to being soaked in water when you have to open the windown on occasions in the rain.

End of rant sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The fekr.gif'S

It's unreal - how come they only just found it after your warranty just expired. Very timely smashfreakB.gif

Me thinks I might be extending mine come next march - if I still have a cab then....

The ironic thing is the other bulb went in the other light cluster at 59k miles and had it replaced while the car was being serviced. I normally get both replaced anyway if one goes, as sod law says that the other is bound to go soon, but on this occasion I didn't.

Fair credit to the dealer, they are getting one couriered in tonight as I won't be able to get to them for two weeks after tonight.

So moral of the story , expect the unexpected 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

after 2 visits to the stealers sportifs2.gif to fit my indicator not working i ended up fixing it myself took 2 mins 169144-ok.gif and these guys are supposed to be trained smashfreakB.gifjump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Charge them 240 quid an hour to teach them then! 169144-ok.gif

It must just be the weather....rear right light gone on the cab today..... SAUER0421.GIF as a total apprentice, is this changeable yourself or is it yet more trips to stealers and money this time? is a bulb under warranty?!! confused.gif this car is doing my head in.......last night the fabric of the roof got snarled up in the mechanism and it took two attempts and risk of finger severing to sort it out.....maybe that S2000 is a good bet, or maybe even a 1.gif not

Oh dear - you really do seem to have a dodgy one!

I wrote some destructions for changing rear bulbs for the saloon but i think ( UHOH7.GIF) the cab is the same.

Look in the boot and there should be a hole in the lining containing a screw which holds the rear light cluster in place. Unscrew and remove the screw and the rear light cluster slides out. Pull the bulb board out, swap the bulb and bingo! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is there anything you haven't broken on yours lottie? smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Chav, I am starting to think these are signs from somewhere.... FIREdevil.gif the darkside even...maybe its time for a nice Fiat Punto... Flush.gif Oh, and the front speaker is now crackling when Kylie is up high...so, No, not a lot I haven't broken yet.. SAUER0421.GIF

Took the car in to the dealers this evening, they replaced the light cluster and put it down under a warranty claim, even though I haven't had the extended warranty claim through yet grin.gif, major result as that could have cost me £100.

Top marks again for my dealer for sorting this out for me 169144-ok.gif