P21s or Megs?

runflat

I have both but prefer to use Meguiars for ease of application and buffing, as far as I'm concerned, most Meguiars products are easier to remove than the P21s.

I bought it because I like to try the latest polish/waxes, then I'm left with a cupboard of half finished bottles suicide.gif

Haven't actually used the Megs gold class, but the P21 gives a great shine and depth, goes on like butter and is very easy to take off and leaves no residue.

I'm curious to know if anyone thinks there are waxes that perform better.

For instance, pinnacle, has anyone tried that? I was very tempted to buy a kit the other day....

[ QUOTE ]

I am thinking of going for either P21s or Gold Class clear wax. Based on the following criteria, I would appreciate opinions on either or both products.

1 Performance

2 Ease of application

3 Any issues with residue / buffing

Thanks gentlemen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Meg's professional yellow wax, from the pro range 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I am thinking of going for either P21s or Gold Class clear wax. Based on the following criteria, I would appreciate opinions on either or both products.

1 Performance

2 Ease of application

Thanks gentlemen.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to use a Meguiars 'consumer line' product then NXT wax would be a better choice than Gold Class Clear Coat. It goes on and off real easily and it also has a mild cleaning ability, although it certainly doesn't fall into the 'cleaner wax' category as it's far to mild for that. It can also help to reduce the appearance of swirls.

I've used both and would say that NXT performs better in all areas. I've heard of people having trouble with removal of Gold Class (although I can't personally think how).

P21S wax is a fine product, but to get the best out of it, I'd suggest you use the P21S paint cleanser first.

If you like the paste type waxes, then I'd recommend trying 'Poorboys Nattys Wax'... it's very affordable, gives excellent results and is very easy to use (can be used in direct sunlight). But again, I'd say it's a good idea to use some sort of cleansing product before hand to get the best out of it.

The final wax/sealant that you use will only be as good as the prep work you put in before it. So don't expect to find any wax/sealant that is a miracle product.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

1 Performance

2 Ease of application

Thanks gentlemen.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to use a Meguiars 'consumer line' product then NXT wax would be a better choice than Gold Class Clear Coat. It goes on and off real easily and it also has a mild cleaning ability, although it certainly doesn't fall into the 'cleaner wax' category as it's far to mild for that. It can also help to reduce the appearance of swirls.

I've used both and would say that NXT performs better in all areas. I've heard of people having trouble with removal of Gold Class (although I can't personally think how).

P21S wax is a fine product, but to get the best out of it, I'd suggest you use the P21S paint cleanser first.

If you like the paste type waxes, then I'd recommend trying 'Poorboys Nattys Wax'... it's very affordable, gives excellent results and is very easy to use (can be used in direct sunlight). But again, I'd say it's a good idea to use some sort of cleansing product before hand to get the best out of it.

The final wax/sealant that you use will only be as good as the prep work you put in before it. So don't expect to find any wax/sealant that is a miracle product.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really rate NXT?

We were sent sample to try quite a while ago, (about 4 months before it was released) and we thought it was excellent stuff, no doubt about it, it covers a multitude of sins. But unfortunately we never kept an eye on any of the cars we applied it to, shortly after we heard a load of stuff about it not lasting very long. (although this was from the Americans, and stuff tends to last longer in our climate).

By the time we heard this we were already using the Trade version of AutoGlym EGP which is far easier for us to get hold of and does pretty much the same job of hiding scratches... obviously, as a valet company, we don't want to hide scratches, we want to remove them!!!

Anyways, it seems that after the initial buzz, NXT went out of fashion pretty quick, as you have obviously played around with a number of waxes, I'd be interested in your opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

You really rate NXT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. I just suggested it, as it seemed the decision had been made to go for either P21S or Meguiars in terms of brand.

If you shop for your car care products from places such as Halfords, I don't think there's much better available to the Sunday morning brigade, apart from say Autoglym SRP.

With proper prep, there's no doubt that NXT wax delivers the goods in terms of looks... but, like you mentioned, NXT does seem to be a bit hit or miss in the durability department. I'll admit it's been a 'miss' as far as I'm concerned, but many have had better results.

For some reason, NXT wax is a fantastic looker when used on metallic blue colours... don't know why. It's usually my first choice when waxing a car of that colour.

No doubt about it though, I have other waxes that I prefer.

Ah! but you can make metallic blue look good with ear wax!

If I ever buy a new car (which I probably wont') I know what colour i'll be getting.

Talking of Blue cars, we have a Passat outside that we put Supagard on 5 years ago, since then it has been washed by hand and occasionally put through a car wash. Never been waxed in 5 years!!! I'll put some pictures up once we have given it a wash off.

So I can give you a review now of the products I used last weekend (£££££) which have had a week of baking sun and rain showers to give a reasonable idea of performance, used in this order:

NXT shampoo with cotton wash pad

flexi blade & Megs drying cloth

Autoglym SRP

NXT Tech Wax

Turtle wax Top Coat Sealer

Took me two days on and off to apply this little lot, but I can honestly say it was worth it. Not only has the rain beaded beatufiully, but when I came to wash my car today (a week later), the dirt just wiped off, including the flies welded on from a stately blast to Lincoln.

I know there are probably more expensive and better products out there than the ones I used, but I am well impressed! Seriously, I will be taking care of my car a lot more now I know how easy it is to keep on top of it.

Only one problem...I think I am addicted to sniffing Megs NXT wash and Tech Wax. OMG it is heavenly. notworthy.gif