996 C4S or 997

iainmarsh

Q: If it was your $$$ a 2003 C4S in Silver, 2003 - 03 Polar Silver with Metropole Blue Leather

Sports Exhaust, BOSE sound upgrade, Aluminium Pack, Aluminium Instrument,

Steel Entry Guards.

car has just under 3,000 miles on the clock. OR

05 997 (not S) for similar money?

Am concerned that Silver will become the new white?

Any comments appreciated. smile.gif

post-3861-137914315769_thumb.jpg

arctic is boring as hell and the one colour my 996tt will not be

polar silver is however lovely

wouldn't buy a 4S with PCM mind you (or exhuast which yours has) and prices should fall now that 997 is in heavier circulation

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how much Polar Silver was as an S.O.? In fact does anyone know where I can find the very last options list for a C4S Cab?

I've just bought a Polar Silver April '04 model and want to know what it's list price works out as. Looks awesome with Techno wheels and blue hood/interior. . . I'm in love! I think I'd rather have this than a 997 for now. The rear on a 996 C4S looks vaguely like a 993 with the red strip which I always loved.

One final question. . .the car has std halogen lights and want to convert to Xenon/Litronic. Is this possible?

Special colours in 2003 were £978. These were the "former Porsche colours" not currently available for that model & year.

If it was an exclusive special order or colour to sample then it would have been different, but as it has such a well known name I guess its a special colour.

• 1 year later...

I don't think you can rule out any colours because you may just stumble across the "right" car, albeit in a colour you hadn't planned to buy.

I didn't want an artic silver car, but came across a minter with the boxter red interior and fell in love with.

I then fitted the sports exhaust, and now wouldn't buy another 911 without one. It's simply fantanstic. I never switch it off - sounds boring if you do.