transmission issues

knightmare

seem to be having this problem with the tranmission, it occours rarely but it worries me...

Sometimes when i shift from parking into reverse or drive .. the gear does not engage... its only when i accelerate slowly is there a jerk and the gear engages!

Last thing i need is a transmission overhaul

B.Varghese

1997 A8Q tiptronic

United Arab Emirates

try getting the ATF flushed a couple of times cos you can't get a complete flush in one go so your essentially diluting the contaminated oil every time you flush it. Its cheaper than a rebuild and might solve the problem. 169144-ok.gif

Sneaky, I'll have hit service mileage by end of august!

I can't really affort to have it done at the moment, as holiday is looming, and i'm still feeling the dent in the wallet from the RNS-E upgrade smile.gif Also i'll be relieving Craigyb of his 20" rims straight after me hols.

Come August, i'll have had another invoice paid (££££) and be ready to rock'n'roll.

The playing up isnt much at the moment, but I can feel the lumpiness starting.

I'm self-employed, so I can claim 40ppm for the first 10k and 25ppm for anything over.

It balances out, especially as most of my mileage is on motorways, when I can get 23mpg

And anyway, i'd prefer to have the comfort of the S8 than the lumpy frugality of my old Mk4 GTtdi anyday.

With regards to tranny issues. I'm getting some lumpy changes, especially coming down the gears. When pulling up at junctions, or slowing right down and then pulling away I am starting to get kicks in the back (or thats what it feels like). It certainly wasnt like this 10k ago...