poorly A3 pics

skifly

cheers for the response - cant believe my crap spelling in first post - blame this dinky keyboard i have to use at the mo...

Hopefully it can be fixed fairly easily - it goes in to be looked at tomorrow i think so will update the thread

OUCH! SAUER0421.GIF

My wife had a very similar set of results on her GT TDI when someone very kindly drove into her. From your second pic, your B pillar has been creased as well (which didn't happen on my wife's car).

The B pillar damage can be pulled out, but to get it done properly you will need both doors replaced.

From memory, the full repairs after 2 weeks in the body shop came to nearly £2K. Insurance job fortunately and the other party claimed full liability.

Not sure if your knock has been caused by a very hard brush with a wall/fence/pole/whatever and may not be an insurance job..?

Best of luck! 169144-ok.gif

some 17 year old was flashed to be let out by a van turning right in a filter lane as my mum was driving along the main road - the kid pulled out and at last minute realised there was actually traffic on the other side of the van - and put the corner of his car into the doors - both cars were only going slowly but still did some damage...!

• 3 weeks later...

hey - need more advice on this one...

From the pics above you can see that the door pillar is damaged - this has been filled by the dealer - not sure if this is still safe?? Any ideas or are we just accepting a botch job on a 6month old car!

Also - the VW Dealer has also mentioned that there is a sensor that monitors if the car has had a crash (something to do with the airbags) and once this is triggered the whole unit has to be replaced - this sounds a little dodgy to me as i would expect the airbag to still fire if there was a proper crash on this side after this minor prang...

do any of you know anything about this sensor and also if you would be satisfied for the pillar to be polyfilled?

Cheers!!

shocked.gif what 'unit' are the dealers talking abot? Did a side airbag get deploy in this accident ? If not, I'm not sure why they'd need to replace thing ?

shocked.gif as for the filling of the pillar - feck that, I wouldn't accept that on any car, let alone a 6 month old one.

no airbags went off but the airbag sensor aparrently gets damaged in an impact such as this (looks fairly minor to me!!) and needs totally replacing?

Personally thinking it all sounds a little bull to me...

And really not happy with the filler idea!

Will there be a record of this on the car's history now too - therefore possibly effecting re-sale value?