Phatnoise and Random Play

[ QUOTE ]

Any other tips on using would be good as I've not yet read the manual grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hold the browse artists button (4 ?) down it jumps letters instead of artists

PS Neat Install - I didn't want to cut my car either so I installed it in the spare wheel well (ran the cable under the trim) but changing the cartridge there is a little inconvenient

Hi Mark,

How did you fir the PN like that as one day I may get around to a space saver ?

One thing I have found with my PN is quite often when I change the cartridge I need to "re-boot" the unit so I need to remove the cable from the back of teh PN & re-attach it - is the cable easily accessible in yur install ?

Cheers

Martin

To fit it I needed a special adaptor cable as the standard cable sticks out too much at the back. Got the cable from a guy on the MKIV site. Otherwise I just amended the standard CD changer side brackets by drilling extra holes in the right places (so that the PN is at an angle).

You wouldn't have any problem disconnecting as the adaptor cable link to the standard cable is easy to get to. I have not had to do a reboot so far on mine though.

[ QUOTE ]

Been struggling with this for ages, is there a way to just have the phatnoise shuffle play the entire contents of the library?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you've got your DMS hooked up to your PC, using the Phatnoise manager, highlight the "All Music" playlist & rightclick your mouse, choose properties & tick the checkbox saying "Include playlist contents in magazine random". Make sure you've put all of your tunes in the "All Music" playlist.

Now when your back in your car, put the headunit in magazine random & make sure the "All Music" playlist is selected, bingo all your music is playable in a random order.

Hope that all makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]

Buy one, they are the mutts nuts.

So much better, having all your music in your car.

Easy to install (just plug in the changer cable) & use, i've had no problems with mine in 8 months of use.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is interesting, just plug and play? Does it take power from HU? I was quoted £150 to fit by stealers! fekr.gif

Feature menu hmmm, not sure i've come across that yet. Looking at the manual it also says that you can change it for certain types of stereo, i take it with RNS-E you set it to symphony2?

Not sure i have a random button on my unit.

[ QUOTE ]

This doesn't work you know, i put the phatnoise in playlist mode then press shuffle and it only shuffles the current CD (playlist)

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why you need a playlist called "All Music", that has all your music dropped in it, that way when it selects the current playlist (All Music) you will shuffle the entire contents of your library.