SCAM enquiry ...

theduisbergkid

For your info really, I posted a 'for sale' ad (see link below) for my Golf gti, which I am in no rush to sell. It is only advertised on this website and the golf gti owners club website, nowhere else, and I rarely use this email address. so .. I just got this email in my inbox (not a PM) -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------HELLO

I WILL BE VERY GLAD IF YOU CAN REPLY, BASED ON THE Golf Gti 1.8t mk IV . I WANT TO PURCHASE FROM YOU AND IM OK WITH THE PRICE, BUT THE FACT iS THAT I WILL BE PAYING YOU WITH A (INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER OR CASHIER CHEQUE ) WHICH WILL BE SENT TO YOU SOON IN WHICH YOU ARE TO CASH IN AT THE BANK OR CASHING STORE. SEND YOUR FULL CONTACT ADDRESS FOR ME TO SEND THE CHECK IF YOU'RE INTERESTED BECAUSE AS FAR AS IM CONCERN IM INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GOODS FROM YOU..LET ME KNOW YOUR MIND BY REPLYING TO THIS MAIL BEFORE THE CHECK WILL BE SENT TO YOU .HERE IS MY PHONE NUMBER 234-8034335221.....CALL ME FOR MORE DETAILS........

BEST REGARDS. --------------------------------------------------------------

I have emailed them back asking for £25k for my 5 year old golf as a laugh, but of course we all know that this is a scam enquiry. I am just posting info this so advertisers on this site are aware that scammers may try the same to them.

PS - If I do get the £25k for my golf in cash by post from Nigeria, I will donate the lot to charity and drive the car off beachy head myself.... wink.gif

I get this all the time.

A guy this week emailed me wanting a rear bumper for a 2000 Honda Stream. Hold on 'Mr. Christopher J. Cashback', as he was apparently called (CASHBACK!) i will just check my comprehensive Honda spare parts collection that i keep in my back garden in middle-class Warrington suburbia!