Used Car Buyer - R32 article

Markallain

[ QUOTE ]

Quite correct. It also suggests you dont spend more than 16k. Blimey!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny cos the VW used cars list has R32s from £18k to £20k+!!! Even private sales aren't as low as £16k.

I was offered £16k ish as a buy back from VW so they'll be intending on selling it for £18k ish 169144-ok.gif

Aye, theres a few on Autotrader for £16.5k - £18k but they are all 35k plus miles.

The newer ones with less that 20k miles are £18.5k - £20k+.

Mine only has 17k miles and I'm looking for £17.5k. As we get thru Aug and into Sept that price will drop!

Add about £1500 - £2000 for a dealer car frown.gif

smile.gif

My stealer took in a 53 plate (same as mine) ex Demo (20k miles) with all the goodies (inc Sat-Nav) and paid £16,225 for it (the owner needed the dosh). It sold off the f/c for £17,500!!!

My suggestion is that we hold firm and enjoy driving our .:R's and keep them up to 30k miles!! Anyone disagree? shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My stealer took in a 53 plate (same as mine) ex Demo (20k miles) with all the goodies (inc Sat-Nav) and paid £16,225 for it (the owner needed the dosh). It sold off the f/c for £17,500!!!

My suggestion is that we hold firm and enjoy driving our .:R's and keep them up to 30k miles!! Anyone disagree? shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree totally............... give me £10k so I can buy a newer Audi Avant and keep my R32 on the road at the same time!!

smile.gif

Brett. Look at the GTi story. They roll out the new model and hey presto, after six months, they change the spec and have to deal with all the DSG and "other" run in issues. I'm standing firm on the .:R for now. The new R 45!! can wait as I'm not going to take a bath on a sudden fall in values.....the MK1 .:R will be a classic, especially in DBP!! (and with a family installed B/F!!) 169144-ok.gif TP.

Oh for gods sake, is this magazine crap or what, have a look at their 'Used price guide' for the R32 (see attachment), also compare it against the 2.8 v6! How can they expect people to take them seriously when their own article conflicts so massively with their own price guide. sportifs2.gif

post-6144-137914316636_thumb.jpg

oh, sorry, and I should state those figures go (from left to right)

2002 (30k miles) Retail, then private, then part-ex

2003 (20k miles) Retail, then private, then part-ex

Someone show me where I can get a 20k miler on an 03 plate for £12,600 please!