Climate control fault?

Sparky

In the last month, I've had two instances now where my Climate control refuses to play ball for a while.

When I get into the car and switch it on, the Fan Power LED remains at 1-bar. No matter what I set the Temp to, it remains at 1-bar. I can increase the speed by adjusting it manually and cold air does come out, but when I press "Auto" again, it drops back to the lowest speed, even when I drop the temps to "LOW". It doesn't work as normal.

This stays like this for 10 minutes or so, and then springs back into life.

All buttons appear to work, and I can adjust the heat/cold and fan speed settings manually, but twice now it's not started automatically.

Both times, it's been over 29 degrees outside and this appears to happen only on my way home from work when the car has had chance to sit there all day getting hotter and hotter! FIREdevil.gif

Any ideas? Is this a fault, or a condition?

Cheers. confused.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The air-con knows how hot the car engine is.

It takes a few mins before it lets auto-mode adjust the fan speed so it doesnt pump out air thats too warm or cold... it cant control the temperature of the air until the engine is warmed up.

I thought that was a nice touch from audi 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The air-con knows how hot the car engine is.

It takes a few mins before it lets auto-mode adjust the fan speed so it doesnt pump out air thats too warm or cold... it cant control the temperature of the air until the engine is warmed up.

I thought that was a nice touch from audi 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you're right, but only when the Temp control is set higher than the outside temp/engine temp.

When I'm trying to cool the car though, it's never once taken 10 mins. It only does that when I want heat.

So is this happening because the car is sitting in direct sunlight all day, and it doesn't want to blow cool air at me until the hot air has gone?

Might explain then why it clears as I hit the motorway??

confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BTW I have another answer to your cooling problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on then.... coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

sekret.gif Maybe...

I meant flap at the first sign of something that doesn't appear normal, to find that it is in fact working properly!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sparky - in the naughty corner too with you...... slap.gif

Doing a Lottie indeed. My climate control was fecked and needed regassing.....OK, so it then had a "blip"... but.... ROLLEY~14.GIF

Just think of the TT conundrums you guys may have to tackle.... pengy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

sekret.gif Maybe...

I meant flap at the first sign of something that doesn't appear normal, to find that it is in fact working properly!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sparky - in the naughty corner too with you...... slap.gif

Doing a Lottie indeed. My climate control was fecked and needed regassing.....OK, so it then had a "blip"... but.... ROLLEY~14.GIF

Just think of the TT conundrums you guys may have to tackle.... pengy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

had mine regassed last week but now back to warm air frown.gif

leaking from somewhere mad.gif

Yes Sparky it was - I've not been put off Audi, have friends who have them and been really pleased, so fingers crossed.

I have just been boring my neighbours going "Its got silver leather...blah blah blah......it goes round bends quickly......blah blah....do you know what quattro is etc etc." left when their eyes glazed over.

2.30 tomorrow is hand over time! Just time to get the cab down to 5 miles left on the DIS.... FIREdevil.gif

The DIS currently says 195 miles, I have to go to Shrewsbury in the morning, thats about 140 miles round trip, so room for a blast, a spin and maybe I might get to the 0 miles too..... jump.gif

Don't want to know how much they put the cab up for.....but no one who ever logs on here will buy it.... buttcheeks.gif

Lets put bets on someone new posting in a few days asking about "common cab problems" ...... coffee.gif